Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 1.1 problem with cue in a rar file (Read 2769 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 1.1 problem with cue in a rar file

Foobar 200 version 1.1
I have a RAR file with inside an ape 250 Mb and a CUE 2k.  If i drag the cue file to foobar all is ok i see and i can play all the titles.
If i drag the RAR file on foobar i see only the 250Mb file i can play  Why i don't see the titles in the cue  ? Is it the nermal way or os it a problem of configuration ?

Reply #1
If you drag the files themselves onto foobar2000 from WinRAR, it is extracting them for you. Dragging the RAR itself causes foobar2000 to extract the files to memory and play them. Apparently, this does not work so well for external cue sheets.

I would suggest extracting the files to disk anyway, even if it did support the cue sheet with the archive component, since it would be extracting that 250MB file to memory once for each track.

Reply #2
If you drag the files themselves onto foobar2000 from WinRAR, it is extracting them for you. Dragging the RAR itself causes foobar2000 to extract the files to memory and play them. Apparently, this does not work so well for external cue sheets.

I would suggest extracting the files to disk anyway, even if it did support the cue sheet with the archive component, since it would be extracting that 250MB file to memory once for each track.

I do not understand why it would be necessary to extract the 250Mb file for each title

Reply #3
I suppose it would or it could keep it open between tracks if the tracks were played in order, but there's no guarantee if the tracks are shuffled with other files.