Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI: Multiple genres = multiple track listings in playlist (Read 1099 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI: Multiple genres = multiple track listings in playlist

Wondering if anyone can help with this.  I am using foo_uie_albumlist with columns_ui.  I just set this up yesterday, replacing my old filters with the album list for selection. 

Let's say I view my album list by "genre" and select "All Music" - the top node in the album list tree.  Any track that I've tagged with 2 genres appears twice in the NG playlist.  Any track that I've tagged with 3 genres appears three times in the NG playlist, and so on.  An example: I have a Frank Zappa album tagged (for genre) as Jazz, Rock, and Avant Garde.  When I select "All Music" and look at my grouped NG playlist, the Zappa album is listed once, and each track under it is listed 3 times. 

However, if I drill down into the album list and select the Zappa album specifically, or even select the "Jazz", "Rock", or "Avantgarde" genre, the tracks only appear once each, as is preferable.  I understand why this is happening, but it's not a preferable arrangement.  Right now, as I continue to build my first foobar, "genre" is the only tag with multiple values that I use for the album list, so the problem is limited, but I will probably want to add things like "Year Recorded."  There are multiple dates entered for many albums, and I imagine that would create the same problem in a "Year Recorded" - "All music" selection.

So I'm wondering first if anyone knows a workaround for this, second, if this would be considered a bug, and third, if not a bug, could it be considered a development request.  Would there be any negative ramifications to some kind of code that solves this inconvenience?

Thanks!

Columns UI: Multiple genres = multiple track listings in playlist

Reply #1
so you want to press root node while branching multivalue field tree and you don't want duplicates?
if that's so, here are couple solutions:

- menu > edit > remove duplicates
- make ALL library autoplaylist
- get use to foobar

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021