Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LF line end character for multi-line fields (Read 892 times) previous topic - next topic

LF line end character for multi-line fields

Some releases (especially net, (cc), etc) have release notes written on *nix, so line end character is LF unlike CR/LF for Windows. When user copy/paste this notes to multi-line properties field, like COMMENT, then this LF chars aren't translated to CR/LF which can be overlooked, but also words on new lines are joined without space, which is bit annoying. Example if I'm not clear:

[font= "Courier New"]Darren has long impressed us with his tremendous skills in the worlds of sound design[LF]
and abstract compositional structure, something you might have noticed by[LF][/font]

is translated as:

[font= "Courier New"]Darren has long impressed us with his tremendous skills in the worlds of sound designand abstract compositional structure, something you might have noticed by
[/font]

The point can be seen in "designend" joined word, which isn't separated of course as LF is ignored

I guess Windows edit control doesn't support only LF so that's why it works in foobar as is, and although is minor issue that user can take care in editor then paste in properties field, maybe it can be worked out[/color]

[edit] Well it seems that LF is copied but properties dialog doesn't show it as. Item details and Text display shows it correctly, so no issue
maybe I'll just replace LF with space for better looks, but that's all

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021