Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar won't play 24/96 .wav files (Read 4650 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar won't play 24/96 .wav files

Hi

im having truble with a few files i have. they are 24/96 vinyl rip in wave.
now...
foobar shows me.. Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file) when i try to play it, but i can play them in WMP and/or winamp. the files are not corrupted
if i convert the wave files to FLAC 24/96 i am able to play them in foobar

im gessing the problem is in the audio quality wich is (as dbpower shows) DVD
more info what dbpower shows
channels 2 (stereo)
sample rate 96 khz
sample size 24 bit
bit rate 4,608 kbps (DVD)

encoder settings PCM
audio quality DVD (Lossless)
type wav file

my questions are
is this a normal reaction of foobar since it cant play dvd-a? if not, is there a way i can play these wave files in foobar and what plugins/configuration do i need? is it okey that the files of a vinyl rip are actually shown DVD audio?

i know i know these questions are n00bish, or not. anyway any info about this would help me.
thanks.

Reply #2
What exactly does fb2k's console tell you when you try to play such a file?
Does foo_verifier give you any clues about what could be wrong?
How big is the file?
What version of fb2k are you using?

My guess is one of the easily correctable situations are true:
1) Your file is larger than 4Gb and is in a standard WAV container, which shouldn't happen.
2) You are using an old version of fb2k for weird reasons (hey, you are using wav) that was released before wave64 support was added
3) Your file contains easily correctable errors that the console would tell you about.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #3
What exactly does fb2k's console tell you when you try to play such a file?
Does foo_verifier give you any clues about what could be wrong?
How big is the file?
What version of fb2k are you using?

My guess is one of the easily correctable situations are true:
1) Your file is larger than 4Gb and is in a standard WAV container, which shouldn't happen.
2) You are using an old version of fb2k for weird reasons (hey, you are using wav) that was released before wave64 support was added
3) Your file contains easily correctable errors that the console would tell you about.

the console tells me Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file):
"C:\[filename/location].wav"

i have the verifier and it shows me the same thing [Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file)]

how big is the file, i think that does not mater coz' the there is an intro of the vinyl rip that lasts 0:33 seconds and is around 20MB the rest of the tracks are 200MB - 400MB, none of them can play

im using the 1.0.1 new version

can i change the DVD-a audio quality to CD-quality/any playable format or is the dvd-a quality standard/default for a 24/96 wave rip?
btw i have that dvd-a plugin but it does bot work

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021