Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 425411 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #700
Hi,
is it possible in any way to bind
foobar2000 menu->Playback->Volume up/down
to the volume slider of DBC ?
or add 2 new buttons (example + and - ) which allow turning the volume up/down too, but not scalar.

because, when listening to music via UPNP normal volume slider does not work and gives error message (in f2k):
Scalar volume control not supported with this device.
Please use volume up / volume down menu commands or keyboard shortcuts.

Reply #701
thank you for the fine upgrades! took a little tweaking but everything turned out fine.

would you please consider my request which i posted earlier in the thread? or is it just working as intended? thanks again either way.

hi, thanks for this fantastic addon. I'd like to report a small bug, that when the mouse is hovered over either the deskband or the floating window, mouse4 and mouse5 have their functions reversed i.e. mouse4 (the button closer to the front) skips to the previous track instead of the next. ditto for mouse5, which skips to the next track instead of the previous

Reply #702
Hi tollarbillz.
I guess it depends on the mouse, but I will add a setting to reverse those buttons.

Reply #703
fuffi - I'll take a look. Can you point me to the example of how to play "music via UPNP" ?

Reply #704
I changed the "Detect HTTP links" to YES but there's no "open URL link" in the plugin's menu (only search internet and the other options).
Tested on WWW tagged fields and on URL tagged fields.
Restarted foobar but no change.
Deskband Controls 3.7.1
Foobar2000 1.5.1
Win 7 x64

Reply #705
fuffi - I'll take a look. Can you point me to the example of how to play "music via UPNP" ?
Thanks!

First, you need foo_out_upnp to configure output like in the screenshots.
I'm using a set of libratone speaker (LT-*) as you see in the screenshots. They were configured automaticly by the fine foo_out_upnp component.

Does this helps you to start?

I'm not sure, if you also need some physical speakers which are able to "speak" upnp... but I guess, a software, which is able to play via upnp, like kodi is ok too. Maybe this helps: List of UPnP AV media servers and clients.

And maybe, this post (from peter) helps too? https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=118190.0

Reply #706
Hi! Deskband control stopped working in the new foobar 1.5.2. Just thought you should know. Thanks!

Reply #707
Hi! Deskband control stopped working in the new foobar 1.5.2. Just thought you should know. Thanks!
 Hello. Can't confirm, works fine for me.

Reply #709
In foobar2000 go to preferences and remove the component.
Go to C:\Program Files\Deskband Controls, run uninstall.cmd as admin.
Reinstall from download page. Make sure you are not running foobar2000 as admin.

Reply #710
Possible to rotate the volume and position bars vertically?
Or just any of the elements.

Reply #712
Hello,

Is it possible to setup deskband controls for a portable installation of foobar2000 (Win10)?

Thank you.

Reply #713
Hello,

Is it possible to setup deskband controls for a portable installation of foobar2000 (Win10)?

Thank you.
Just use it as always. It will automatically run deskband installer when launched on a new machine. This will require admin rights to succeed.

Reply #714
Hello, I can't find the component on my Taskbar toolbars. Moreover, now, every time I open foobar, Windows Command Processor automatically asks me if I allow this app to make changes to my computer.

Reply #715
I can't edit my above reply but I've got it working so thanks. My question is do you have a nice skin? Currently the artist and song names are almost invisible being white on my taskbar.

Reply #716
I can't edit my above reply but I've got it working so thanks. My question is do you have a nice skin? Currently the artist and song names are almost invisible being white on my taskbar.
 Hello. There are no skins from me, but if you search this topic you will definitely find a few. Also you can change almost anything (fonts, colors, sizes, etc.) through the settings dialog (right click on a deskband and select Settings).

Reply #717
Hello. There are no skins from me, but if you search this topic you will definitely find a few. Also you can change almost anything (fonts, colors, sizes, etc.) through the settings dialog (right click on a deskband and select Settings).
Thank you, eldarien. How do I disable the information popping up when I point at the toolbar? Becuase it also does that when I'm using full-screen programs as I move my cursor randomly and it's disturbing.

Reply #718
 Thank you, eldarien. How do I disable the information popping up when I point at the toolbar? Becuase it also does that when I'm using full-screen programs as I move my cursor randomly and it's disturbing.
 Go to settings - tooltip and set Enabled to No.

Reply #719
Go to settings - tooltip and set Enabled to No.
Thanks, however it seems that now upon the first time of starting foobar (every time I start my computer up), the volume and track progress bars are not appearing on the toolbar, no matter if it's set on Docked Deskband or Floating Deskband, and only when I set it to one of the other options (Docked Deskband or Floating Deskband), the volume and track progress bars appear again?

Reply #720
?

Reply #721
Thanks for this plugin! I made a boring profile called Boring. It is deliberately quite understated and unobtrusive, and doesn't do anything very flashy or scrolly.

https://taras.net/assets/foobar2000/boring.zip

I couldn't find a way to use relative paths in the icon paths (e.g. %APPDATA% does not work) so you will need to change the path to the icons if you don't use the default ("C:\Boring\").  Enjoy!!!

Reply #722
Thanks, however it seems that now upon the first time of starting foobar (every time I start my computer up), the volume and track progress bars are not appearing on the toolbar, no matter if it's set on Docked Deskband or Floating Deskband, and only when I set it to one of the other options (Docked Deskband or Floating Deskband), the volume and track progress bars appear again?
Quote from: eldarien

Would really appreciate your help with this, eldarien

Reply #723
I would like some help removing Deskband from Foobar. Not sure where I messed up (maybe installed as admin or portable) but I cannot use the buttons (tiny) and I cannot access configuration. I want to remove it from Foobar and start fresh but i don't see it in the component list nor anywhere else described in removal.  How I do find and remove this please?

Reply #724
My Deskband looks like this and doesn't work. It seems the seek bar and the volume bar reflect actual playback progress and volume, but trying to move the sliders doesn't affect foobar at all. None of the buttons work, either; hovering the widget causes the album art to pop up.

https://files.catbox.moe/h3phkl.png

Windows 10 64bit, builds 1909 and 2004 both have this issue; on Windows 7 64-bit Deskband works fine.

UPD: Fixed my own issue by installing foobar2000 in C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000 instead of a non-default location. Please update the setup instructions, I can't be the only one with this issue.