Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Serious Playback Issues Foobar 09.6.9 (Read 7327 times) previous topic - next topic

Serious Playback Issues Foobar 09.6.9

Reply #25
What I would do in such a situation is this:
  • Do a fresh install of the FULL windows XP (with reformat) and NO overclocking.
  • Install all the basic drivers.
  • Check to see if the same problem occurs.
If it doesn't you know it's not a hardware issue.

Then I'd do a fresh XP install via NLITE and check to see if the problem occurs.
If the problem does occur then you know that it's related to the NLITE install and it's NOT a hardware issue.
If the problem doesn't occur, then overclock and see if the problem occurs.
Still no problem keep adding software/drivers until it does.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #26
Is your processor scheduling set to favor background services?

Reply #27
What I would do in such a situation is this:
  • Do a fresh install of the FULL windows XP (with reformat) and NO overclocking.
  • Install all the basic drivers.
  • Check to see if the same problem occurs.
If it doesn't you know it's not a hardware issue.

Then I'd do a fresh XP install via NLITE and check to see if the problem occurs.
If the problem does occur then you know that it's related to the NLITE install and it's NOT a hardware issue.
If the problem doesn't occur, then overclock and see if the problem occurs.
Still no problem keep adding software/drivers until it does.

C.

I'm not quite ready to throw the towel in yet.  That is a major amount of work - and I'm in the middle of editing a wedding right now.

Is your processor scheduling set to favor background services?

No, programs.

Reply #28
I agree that a clean normal install of Windows might help determine the true culprit here. However, prior to that, I suggest you restore default (optimized or fail safe) BIOS settings and see if it changes the behavior.

Did you try to move the card to another slot already?

Did you try to restore another driver?

Maybe you can find some small old harddrive to perform the install on, so you don't have to ruin all your data on your current harddrive.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021