Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ColumnsUI: Easy way to Move tracks between playlists vs Copy? (Read 6193 times) previous topic - next topic

ColumnsUI: Easy way to Move tracks between playlists vs Copy?

So, I want to move a lot of tracks around among playists without leaving duplicates behind. All I know to do is "Send to playlist..." or Right-Button-drag. In either case, I'm then looking at the destination playlist, so I'd have to always remember to switch back to the source playlist, Remove the selection, then in most cases switch back to the destination playlist.

Unless I'm missing something, it would be great to have a "Move" choice on the Columns UI playlist context menu and/or something like a Right-Button-Alt-drag that would move rather than copy track entries.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Drew

Reply #1
Drag-and-drop onto the playlist manager
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
You can change the settings for Playlist Switcher panel in "Drag & Drop" tab in preferences: tick/untick "Activate target playlist"

Reply #3

Unless I'm missing something, dragging to the playlist manager acts just like dragging to the playlist switcher panel in UI. Can it be arranged to automatically remove the files from the source playlist?

Thanks,
Drew

You can change the settings for Playlist Switcher panel in "Drag & Drop" tab in preferences: tick/untick "Activate target playlist"

Ah, the "Activate target playlist" box will be very helpful. It would still be great if I could rig it to always remove the duplicate track listings left behind, but if that's not possible I'll just try to always remember to remove the source selection right after copying.

Thanks,
Drew

Reply #4

Unless I'm missing something, dragging to the playlist manager acts just like dragging to the playlist switcher panel in [C?]UI. Can it be arranged to automatically remove the files from the source playlist?
Try Right-click dragging, just like CUI. 

Dragging to the playlist manager in the DUI doesn't switch focus.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #5
Dragging to the playlist manager in the DUI doesn't switch focus.

What do you mean by that? Playlist view loses focus in either way

Reply #6
Well, OK. I should have said it "doesn't switch the active playlist".
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #7
 Then let's repeat what we wrote above:
When dropping on Playlist manager active playlist stays the same
When dropping on Playlist switcher you have option to switch to "drop targeted" playlist or to stay in active playlist
In both ways you'll lose focus from the playlist view

But I'm not sure about right click dragging - I can't find that option in my foobar. Can someone confirm about this behaviour?

Reply #8
There's no option anywhere, just try it.

Personally, I think it would be nice if the shift key modified this behavior like it does in windows explorer does.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #9
Hey, I've never seen that "Copy here" / "Copy here + remove..." choice, when dragging to either the Playlist Switcher or the Playlist Manager. How can I get that?

Thanks,
Drew

There's no option anywhere, just try it.

Personally, I think it would be nice if the shift key modified this behavior like it does in windows explorer does.

Reply #10
right-click dragging in the DUI from a playlist to a playlist tab or playlist manager.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #11
FYI
If you are testing by dragging a tune from an autoplaylist you will only see an option for Copy Here  and not the Copy Here &  Remove for protection of the autoplaylist.

terry

Reply #12
Well, the poster is using Columns playlist view and not NG playlist view for whatever reason, so that's why he has right-click drag (left-click drag is unavailable there)

I see why NG playlist can't use suggested shift left-drag for move, but I don't see some reason why it shouldn't have right-click drag