Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to create a winamp-like layout? (Read 3170 times) previous topic - next topic

How to create a winamp-like layout?

I want to change from winamp to foobar and tried to build a winamp-like layout.

I Media Library
Creating a media library was easy.

II Search
I installed foo_dbsearch and added a toolbar to search the library. When I enter a string to search the result is displayed in a list, but if i clear the string the resultlist is empty instead of showing all tracks. How to fix that?

III Playlist
How to add an always shown playlist, showing the current playback queue? And how to add songs to it?

IV Info
How could i display information about the current playing song?

Thanks for help

Reply #2
How to add an always shown playlist, showing the current playback queue? And how to add songs to it?

The key principle of foobar is not to have one main playlist which is now playing. You can have multiple playlists open anytime and play it. (If you use playlist tabs, the user experience is comparable to using browser tabs; there is also no "currently browsing" tab, all are equal.) This behaviour needs some time to get used to, but once you have figured out a workflow that fits you, it is a much more flexible approach.

How could i display information about the current playing song?

Use one more instances of the Text display UI Element. It can display any information you want, as long as it is stored in the file's tags and/or path. If you collected album art, you could use the Album Art Viewer to show it.

Thanks for help 

You're welcome!

Reply #3
Now my foobar looks like this and behaves like Winamp. But it looks a litle bit boring :/

1) Could I add albumart to the album facet?
2) Could I sort the title facet by album/track?
3) Can I group the playlist by artist/album?
4) Can I force the albumartview to show the cover of the current song while playing? Even while clicking in the facets?
5) Exists an textdisplay that could be more formated?

Thanks.

Reply #4
1. No, maybe in future (frank considers it once foob core supports it)
2. Yes, click on the columnname with RMB and add columns in a facet as you like. Sort with LMB.
3. Rightclick the columnname and choose a group or go to Edit > Sort
4. No, it's a considered feature proposal though. 
5. textdisplay can show everything you want. If you need colours and pictures and stuff in that then you need to switch to Columns UI.