Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: JusticeForAudio.org (Read 12667 times) previous topic - next topic

JusticeForAudio.org

Reply #25
it's funny how this kind of thing is going to hit everybody at some poing... I am no Metallica fan, always hated their music, but it's good to see how Metallica fans are complaining loud... People complained about Depeche's Playing the Angel on how f*cked it was, people screamed at Red Hot Chilli Pepers on how their latest works are "unbearable" to death...

It's odd that people get producers/musicians answers like "stop complaining, it sounds hot, I fucking listened to it and it sounds great" or "that's how records are made these days, get over it". I read the Ulrich response to fans on this matter and he sounded clueless and arrogant. The worst part is that these musicians have absolute no clue on audio quality at all (never had).

The new Oasis Dig Out Your Soul album is at the clouds again peaking at +2 dBFS, (ReplayGain value of -11dB) but thanks this time this record has got a bit more dynamic range than its predecessor Don't Believe the Truth.

I believe that the more "broken" records we have the more news we will have about the subject of bad loudness. So it's good, let them keep releasing the loudest crap till they reach ground zero off a CD, that at some point, a shift in music culture will happen.

Edit: Corrected value. Thanks to the mate below.

JusticeForAudio.org

Reply #26
The new Oasis Dig Out Your Soul album is at the clouds again peaking at -11dB, but thanks this time this record has got a bit more dynamic range than its predecessor Don't Believe the Truth.

Sorry, what do you mean here?  Peaking at -11 db?? 

JusticeForAudio.org

Reply #27
Mmh, good idea, but the site seems a little Metallica-biased?

It's a lot less Metallica-biased than metallicabb.com.. that's for sure!
--  tung  --
http;//tung.co

JusticeForAudio.org

Reply #29
http://dapreview.net/p/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?77691

thread, attempting to compile a list of "bad" mastering jobs

I would suggest to list all of System Of Down albums, since all of them are badly mastered. Or any modern rock or metal album, produced by Rick Rubin .
"I never thought I'd see this much candy in one mission!"