Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: splitting an audio file (Read 3105 times) previous topic - next topic

splitting an audio file

Is there an automated tool that can split a large audio file into multiple files if there is at least 1sec silence between tracks?

I know it can be done manually in soundforge but I'm just wondering if splitting can be done automatically.

thanks

splitting an audio file

Reply #1
Goldwave can add cue points automatically by looking for silence, as can Wave Repair.  Both have links on our cue sheet wiki page.

I know Wave Repair can also then split to tracks, using this cuesheet; I suspect Goldwave can also.

Edit: Here is the Wave Repair track splitting options dialogue:

Once Wave Repair has automagically created the cue points you then just tell it to split, and it asks for a basename.
I'm on a horse.

splitting an audio file

Reply #2
Goldwave can add cue points automatically by looking for silence, as can Wave Repair.  Both have links on our cue sheet wiki page.

I know Wave Repair can also then split to tracks, using this cuesheet; I suspect Goldwave can also.

snip...

thanks for the help. I got waverepair working.