Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't uninstall 2K 9.5 (Read 3783 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't uninstall 2K 9.5

I am trying to uninstall Foobar 2K 9.5 (Windows XP)and I am getting an error message: "Unable to remove files."

I'm sorry to have to go but maintaining Foobar was getting too tedious with all the invalid paths, crashes etc. 
How can I uninstall it if the uninstall won't work?

Can't uninstall 2K 9.5

Reply #1
I am trying to uninstall Foobar 2K 9.5 (Windows XP)and I am getting an error message: "Unable to remove files."

I'm sorry to have to go but maintaining Foobar was getting too tedious with all the invalid paths, crashes etc. 
How can I uninstall it if the uninstall won't work?

Anyone got any Ideas?  I just tried to reinstall it and it wouldn't even do that.

Can't uninstall 2K 9.5

Reply #2
you close the application, right?

you can do it manually, otherwise:

just delete the f2k folder, and this one

\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\foobar2000

Can't uninstall 2K 9.5

Reply #3
you close the application, right?

you can do it manually, otherwise:

just delete the f2k folder, and this one

\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\foobar2000

Close the app?  Um.....no.   

Thanks!...and bye.  It's been a great last year or so but I just can't invest that much time keeping it running.

Can't uninstall 2K 9.5

Reply #4
Huh. Weird. I don't spend any time keeping foobar2000 running. It just runs. What causes it to stop running?

Can't uninstall 2K 9.5

Reply #5

That's a shame. You could post a crashlog and we will be more than willing to help you resolve the problems!
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Can't uninstall 2K 9.5

Reply #6
I've used fb2k for at least five years and I never had any install or uninstall, nor maintenance issues in all that time. The one crashing issue that I experienced was due to the old Matroska input plugin messing up the Media Library. Plugin issues aside, I find fb2k to be one of my most stable programs.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Can't uninstall 2K 9.5

Reply #7
Looking at his posts, the crashes were apparently caused by foo_uie_albumart, a third-party component which is officially disrecommended.

Can't uninstall 2K 9.5

Reply #8
i've never seen problem with CUI and foo_uie_albumart 0.2.7.1

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021