Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Kernel streaming (Read 16945 times) previous topic - next topic

Kernel streaming

Reply #50
kernel streaming works on winme/2k/xp and is only supported on 2k/xp by foobar2000

98SE/ME only support KS output to WDM driven devices, I presume. I don't really care to explore how one would program something to do that, either.

Kernel streaming

Reply #51
Woohoo! Finally getting some good results with the new drivers I installed along with 0.5 beta 9

Sounds great, no "directsound skips," no funny little clicks or pops after playing this new beta for 3 hours. Move over, Winamp!

Now...if only somebody made an alarm plugin to go with this...

Kernel streaming

Reply #52
98SE/ME only support KS output to WDM driven devices, I presume. I don't really care to explore how one would program something to do that, either.

yeah, you're right

i only read this site which says that ks only works on winme: http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/tech/stream/csa1.asp
these sites say that it also works on win98: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....erview_9vdz.asp + http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....e/html/csa1.asp

blah, mircosoft :/

Kernel streaming

Reply #53
foobar2000 0.43 + Windows 2000 SP3:

I'm having problem with kernel streaming.
BSOD when shutting down Windows 2000 while playing sound with foobar2000.
I also get BSOD when using Task Manager to kill foobar2000 running (playing sound) process.

Any solutions there?

#My sound device is M-Audio Sonica.

Thanks!

Kernel streaming

Reply #54
foobar2000 0.43 + Windows 2000 SP3:

I'm having problem with kernel streaming.
BSOD when shutting down Windows 2000 while playing sound with foobar2000.
I also get BSOD when using Task Manager to kill foobar2000 running (playing sound) process.

Any solutions there?

#My sound device is M-Audio Sonica.

Thanks!

If it doesn't work, don't use it. It is simple. Use DirectSound.

Kernel streaming

Reply #55
It seems fixed on 0.5 beta 12.
Now I can kill process without BSOD.

Thanks!

Kernel streaming

Reply #56
You should only need to do this if you do something stupid, like accidentally code an infinite loop into an input plug-in and try to use it.

*ahem* Not like I've ever done that before.

Kernel streaming

Reply #57
With the kernel streaming I get sporadic reboots when adding and playing music to foobar (0.5 b10). I'm not sure if it's the fact that my hard drives  are on a highpoint controller or is it the terratec 24/96 drivers, ahh well back to DS

Regards
Fraser
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Kernel streaming

Reply #58
With the kernel streaming I get sporadic reboots when adding and playing music to foobar (0.5 b10). I'm not sure if it's the fact that my hard drives  are on a highpoint controller or is it the terratec 24/96 drivers, ahh well back to DS

Regards
Fraser

I don't know in detail,but there is no problem on my system with KS.
(highpoint HPT370 controller and Audiophile2496)

Kernel streaming

Reply #59
With the kernel streaming I get sporadic reboots when adding and playing music to foobar (0.5 b10). I'm not sure if it's the fact that my hard drives  are on a highpoint controller or is it the terratec 24/96 drivers, ahh well back to DS

Before complaining about some problems with a beta version, why don't you first try with latest version ??
Betas aren't as stable as official versions...
If you got a problem with latest beta version, it's best to go on IRC and tell Z about this pb to see if he's aware of it or not...
A Dwarf has its own way to fight !

Kernel streaming

Reply #60
I can use KS output with 20ms latency without problems and it works perfect (Audigy SB0092 + kX).

Kernel streaming

Reply #61
I wasn't complaining I was stating my experience

(it must be the complaining font i was using  )

Regards
Fraser
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021