Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unicode + freedb + Reading CDs Questions (Read 1688 times) previous topic - next topic

Unicode + freedb + Reading CDs Questions

I have a few questions regarding unicode, freedb, and reading CDs. I have recently switched over to Foobar and I think it is a wonderful program, but I am having one really big problem.

Foobar is not always reading unicode files, especially if I play a CD.

Today I ripped a Japanese CD to my computer and the characters showed up fine, but when I try and play directly from the CD the characters will show up with a bunch of weird symbols.

Also, I tried to play a Korean CD today and when I went to look for the file names in freedb it said that no information for the CD was found on the server. The information is found when I look up the CD using Windows Media Player and it displays the correct Korean characters.

Is there anyway that I can read the information directly from the CD itself?

Any help with these problems would be appreciated. Thank you!

Kay