Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg Vorbis 1.2 Compiled Libraries. (Read 6748 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg Vorbis 1.2 Compiled Libraries.

So I'm looking to implement Ogg Vorbis into a project for school that includes audio, wav files are too large, mp3 files are not royalty free. Ogg seems to fit what I need... however the implementation examples do not work on windows using Ogg Vorbis 1.0 libraries (a linker issue admitted by Vorbis).

So it recommends using ov_fopen(), however thats only available in 1.2 libraries, however I cannot find a compiled version of the 1.2 libraries, only 1.0 libraries. I can get 1.2 library source code, but I can't get it to compile, and there are no instructions on how to compile on a Win32 system.

I've seen links to compiled 1.2 libraries but they're dead.

I need the .Lib and .DLL files for my project. Any help on either getting the compiled libraries, or instructions on how to compile yourself.

Reply #1
So I'm looking to implement Ogg Vorbis into a project for school that includes audio, wav files are too large, mp3 files are not royalty free. Ogg seems to fit what I need... however the implementation examples do not work on windows using Ogg Vorbis 1.0 libraries (a linker issue admitted by Vorbis).

So it recommends using ov_fopen(), however thats only available in 1.2 libraries, however I cannot find a compiled version of the 1.2 libraries, only 1.0 libraries. I can get 1.2 library source code, but I can't get it to compile, and there are no instructions on how to compile on a Win32 system.

I've seen links to compiled 1.2 libraries but they're dead.

I need the .Lib and .DLL files for my project. Any help on either getting the compiled libraries, or instructions on how to compile yourself.

Try here: http://www.rarewares.org/ogg-libraries.php

/Kef

Reply #2
Try here: http://www.rarewares.org/ogg-libraries.php

/Kef

Those only contain the dlls. You can d/l the SDK, with the .lib files, from here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jfe1205/OggVo...isSDK-1.2.0.zip 

Reply #5

As a side note, 1.2.1 will be available next week, probably.

What's new in 1.2.1?

From the vorbis-dev mailing list:

* improved robustness with corrupt streams
  * new ov_read_filter() vorbisfile call allows filtering decoded audio as floats before converting to integer samples.
  * Updated RTP payload format draft.
  * Bare bones self test under 'make check'
  * Fix a problem encoding some streams between 14 and 28 kHz.
  * Fix a numerical instability in the edge extrapolation filter.
  * Build system improvements.
  * Specification correction.