Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Zerobytes in some mp3 files (Read 2428 times) previous topic - next topic

Zerobytes in some mp3 files

hello,

what do the 'Zerobytes' in mp3 files do? Some mp3's have them and some not. Some have a lot of them and some only few. I don't quite understand this . Could somebody please explain this to me?
thank you
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Reply #1
you guy's may want to know how I found these 'zerobytes'. I used 'Mp3Test' and there is a setting (option button) which shows all these 'zerobytes'.
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.

Reply #2
Just in case that somebody wants to know the answer...I found out that those 'zero bytes' are necessary for the mp3 and don't provide information about the music file and its errors or quality.