Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sony launched a new MP3 CD player (Read 2742 times) previous topic - next topic

Sony launched a new MP3 CD player

Reply #1
Whodathunkit?! And here a while back it was verboten to even play CD-R on a Sony player at all!

Reply #2
Now if only they can modify the MiniDisc player to be able to read MP3s stored on MiniDiscs......

PS. MiniDisc can be used as a storage medium, this guy in Japan I know uses it as a big floppy.

Cheers
AgentMil
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #3
I believe Sony made a big mistake. If they had developed a high speed  internal Minidisc drive for the PC, they would have been market leader in portable audio storage by far. Just rip your CD and encode to Atrac files, write them to the drive, including artist/title info and play them on your portable Minidisc. The main reason why they didn't is the fact that Sony also is one of the leading record labels. So they would loose a lot of profit there.

Reply #4
yeah i once asked them if they plan such a drive in Germany and their answer was: "We don't have any information about this" ...

Reply #5
Naaaaaa

Minidisc uses atrc compression... Which means for data storage the minidic can contain probably only like 100MB...

Pretty useless...

Mikez

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021