Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Elapsed time fields not updating in trackinfo. (Read 1870 times) previous topic - next topic
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Elapsed time fields not updating in trackinfo.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm using the trackinfo code verbatim from the first post of the "new 0.9 look" thread by habla. Pretty much the elapsed and remaining time stay put as if the song's not playing throughout.

Elapsed time fields not updating in trackinfo.

Reply #1
This issue has been addressed many times already, please search the forum before posting.

If you are using PanelsUI or a newer TrackInfoMod then you need to place your code under a // PerSecond header like this:

// PerSecond
%playback_time%

If you are using an older TrackInfoMod or TrackInfo panel then you need to enable the checkbox for update every second.  I suspect the code you are using was written before the update headers in TrackInfoMod were implemented.

Elapsed time fields not updating in trackinfo.

Reply #2
Soory, I did search, but I got lost in the 50~ page long threads. Apologies, and thanks.

Elapsed time fields not updating in trackinfo.

Reply #3
Hmm, in panelsUI trackinfo, I have this code:

Code: [Select]
$rgb(255,255,255)
$if(%_trackinfo_notrack%,
    No track
,

[%playback_time% / ]%length%$char(10)$char(10)

[ Song Info ]$char(10)
Artist: %artist%$char(10)
Title: %title%$char(10)
Album: %album%$char(10)
Track No.: %tracknumber%$char(10)
Length: %length%$char(10)
Year: %date%$char(10)
Genre: %genre%$char(10)$char(10)

[ Technical Info ]$char(10)
)


If I put in // PerSecond like this
Code: [Select]
$rgb(255,255,255)
$if(%_trackinfo_notrack%,
    No track
,

// PerSecond
[%playback_time% / ]%length%$char(10)$char(10)

[ Song Info ]$char(10)
Artist: %artist%$char(10)
Title: %title%$char(10)
Album: %album%$char(10)
Track No.: %tracknumber%$char(10)
Length: %length%$char(10)
Year: %date%$char(10)
Genre: %genre%$char(10)$char(10)

[ Technical Info ]$char(10)
)


... the whole frame goes blank...

 

Elapsed time fields not updating in trackinfo.

Reply #4
You cannot use the update headers inside of a function. In the code you posted you are placing it in the false portion of an if statement. Try this instead:
Code: [Select]
// PerSecond
$rgb(255,255,255)
$if(%_trackinfo_notrack%,
    No track
,

[%playback_time% / ]%length%$char(10)$char(10)

[ Song Info ]$char(10)
Artist: %artist%$char(10)
Title: %title%$char(10)
Album: %album%$char(10)
Track No.: %tracknumber%$char(10)
Length: %length%$char(10)
Year: %date%$char(10)
Genre: %genre%$char(10)$char(10)

[ Technical Info ]$char(10)
)

I would also suggest learning how to use $alignabs() and moving away from $char(10) as alignabs gives you much more flexibility when aligning text.

 
SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021