Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: win9x users can break the copy protection (Read 6054 times) previous topic - next topic

win9x users can break the copy protection

how ? just install the modied cdfs.vxd and here you go, rip them right off with EAC  If someone wants to have the file drop me a mail at:
BenjaminLebsanft at web dot de

Reply #1
Hey Merry White Christmas

What copy protection r u talking about?

Reply #2

Reply #3
just to make things clearer, it was not modified by me!

Reply #4

Reply #5
i don't know if it will work with every CD. I only tested it with one  labelled "will not play on PC". So please test it and post results here.

Reply #6
Originally posted by Benjamin Lebsanft
how ? just install the modied cdfs.vxd and here you go, rip them right off with EAC  If someone wants to have the file drop me a mail at:
BenjaminLebsanft
at web dot de

I wouldn't believe it before someone claim that the Ripped wav files from a copy-protect CD with the two version of cdfs.vxd are NOT bit-identical. Before I read this message I've heared that wavs Ripped via EAC are less hi-fi than the original CD. Wish Ben's discovery can solve this issue and let us get identical wav files with the original CD tracks.

Reply #7
yeah you don't need to copy it via explorer and get some unsecure rip u can just use EAC

Reply #8
It's the copy protection made by the same guys that made safedisc (v1 & v2) and it has a simular name. 

This is very old news. Posted a long time ago on cdfreaks.
I havn't tried it since I use w2k and havn't had any of the cd protected by this ********* protection.

Jan.

Reply #9
>This is very old news.

I'm sorry about this, haven't heard it before.

But then let me ask you one question, why do i receive that amount of emails demanding for the file if this is such VERY old news. Perhaps not everyone knows ccdfreaks 

Well i don't want to argue here, I'm just happy

Reply #10
When cdfreaks gets up again I'll find you a link to the first post about this.

There's a lot of info about it on cdfreaks.

Jan.

Reply #11
I'd wish to have this for win2k

Reply #12
There is no way to do it with w2k (at least as far as I know from reading cdfreaks).

Jan.

Reply #13
Hey Ben

1)Why don't u upload it to this site so that all can download?

2)Can u use Total Recorder to record from protected cds
So far i havent bought any protected cds yet

Reply #15
why should i mind it. I is not my intellectual property  And the best thing that could happen because i don't have webspace where zips are allowed so thank you very very much!

Reply #16

Reply #17
originally posted by jerry
2)Can u use Total Recorder to record from protected cds 
So far i havent bought any protected cds yet

Yes you can. 
I just bought the copyprotected LOTR cd.
Just ripped it without a problem with TR.

Them----->:(
me-------->:D

Reply #18
LOL  HeHe I have been using that "cdfs.vxd" as my ripper ever since it came out, then I found out about EAC, it seems I will be going back to it!

papadoc: Is that LOTR Soundtrack? And which country did you buy it from? I would also like to test this method of ripping out for myself, so I laugh like an idiot, when the copy protection doesn't even work

Also another method is use a CD-Audio recorder to record your CDs onto CD-Rs, a bit slower and a bit expensive but the resulting copy is unprotected.

Another method that I use is to buy a Discman or any personal CD player, with optical digital out, and buy a TOSLink Jack to "3.5mm Stereo jack or TOSLink Jack" cable, this works, but it is slow ie. real-time.

Any comments are appreciated, as I would like to know even more ways to beat the copy protection.
Cheers
AgentMil
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #20
posted by AgentMil
papadoc: Is that LOTR Soundtrack? And which country did you buy it from? I would also like to test this method of ripping out for myself, so I laugh like an idiot, when the copy protection doesn't even work

Yep...Lord of the Rings
bought here in Oklahoma, USA.
I had no problems ripping it from my stereo
using TR.  Just to experiment, I ripped it as a .wav file,
as a .wav file encoded to MP3, and as an MP3 file on the fly
at various bitrates.

Hmmm...now I wonder....
Lets see if I can use my Diamond Cut to record it as a wav file,
remove the space inbetween songs, save it, encode it to MP3, and create a continous file.
Just a thought....