Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with remote control (Read 2139 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with remote control

I'm having a a big problem with my usb connected ir-remote. I have tried several software (like WinLirc and AutoHotkey) the manual says that it is compatible with foobar2k but I suspect that it's designed for foobar 0.8... It works perfectly with winamp but it just don't work with foobar. 
Believe me it's not as simple as "assigning" a hotkey, I think the remotec software communicates directly with the software┬┤s
The remote is Remotec BW6130
Any solutions?
Any help would be appreciated
I just like listening to music

Help with remote control

Reply #1
Hi,

have you tried Girder ? I'm using it to control foobar and every multimedia app, even my webbrowser with my Ati Remote Wonder. Using appropriate plugins, you can make it work with any remote control.

I had a similar problem with the Ati soft bundled with the Remote Wonder, there were templates for Winamp, WMP, but not for foobar2000. So I use Girder to send virtual keyboard strokes corresponding to the hotkeys I've set in foobar.
However, Girder is not free. My last attempt to find a free soft providing the same configurability failed, if you try one please tell it here.

Maybe the foo_lirc component could fit your needs, I never tried it.
foo_lirc thread

Hope it helps.

Help with remote control

Reply #2
Thanks for your reply
I have tried girder, I downloaded the demo version but it could not detect any commands I did with my remote.
I have not tried foo_lirc, will test it later..hope it works
I just like listening to music

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021