Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 suggestions (Read 30696 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #25
First of all: I like this program very much. But ther is one very very small feature I miss: linux version. Is it planned anytime soon.
--
pozdr.
yq

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #26
First of all: I like this program very much. But ther is one very very small feature I miss: linux version. Is it planned anytime soon.

I don't think so, since it already is win2k/xp only...

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #27
I'm pretty sure that it's just going to be for Win2K/XP, because zZzZzZz has already made clear the apparently large task it would be to now port it to another OS.  BTW, is there any sort of release schedule for fb2k?

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #28
Bug in 0.26b?? I cannot get Foobar to save its window size and position

I can't either - maybe it isn't saved anywhere, it is just temporary.
peter, can you make it save to foobar2000.cfg?

Also, adding manifest resource would be nice for XP users (I know you don't like it, but it is very easy to implement and doesn't mess up anything).

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #29
And if he doesn't like it, there's no reason for him to add it. Really, i must say hate this crap too...

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #30
Yeah, personally I use Luna theme but I also don't like the *new style* in programs.

Taskbar looks good and that's why I use it.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #31
Yeah, personally I use Luna theme but I also don't like the *new style* in programs.

Taskbar looks good and that's why I use it.

I added personally made manifest to it - looks very nice to me.
It's OK.
But why window size isn't saved?

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #32
feature request/bug report: with id3v1, track numbers are shown like this: "TRACK=1", while with Vorbis comments they're shown like this: "TRACKNUMBER=2".

I don't use any other sorts of comments so I can't help you any further, hope you don't mind, zZzZzZz, : )

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #33
feature request/bug report: with id3v1, track numbers are shown like this: "TRACK=1", while with Vorbis comments they're shown like this: "TRACKNUMBER=2".

known. this is more of a problem with compatibility between APE tag specs and Vorbis tag specs.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #34

known. this is more of a problem with compatibility between APE tag specs and Vorbis tag specs.

In the mean time I can use
Code: [Select]
$if2($num(%tracknumber%,2),$num(%track%,2))
as a workaround. : )

edit: $num($if(%track%,%track%,%tracknumber%),2) seems better, dunno why the default string has tracknumber and track in the other order though.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #35
Request: An "open file direct" button, that opens a file, clears all other playlist entries and plays that file (like Winamp's eject button). Would be good to have this option in the tray right click context menu too.

Very promising player, keep up the great work!

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #36
"Repeat one" and "Follow cursor" seem to be broken in 0.27b.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #37
fixed in 0.27c

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #38
Possible bug in 0:27c: While holding the "seek time forward" (right arrow) down, it seems to randomly reset back to 0:00 before reaching the end of the track.

(BTW, that was the quickest update to a request i've ever seen, thanks!)

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #39
with what format ?

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #40
Well it's done it with an few MP3's and a FLAC so far (CBR 192 MP3), I can't pinpoint the bug to any particular file, i'll do some tests and report any specific patterns.

Oh, also, I just found a possible bug in the "open file" option, it clears the playlist and puts the opened file into it, but it plays the previous file played rather than the newly opened one.

*edit* I'm sure someone has asked this already, but is there any plans to add keyboard alt shortcuts to control the drop down menu's in foobar?

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #41
sounds like you have "repeat one" enabled.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #42
You were right, I had repeat one enabled. Kind of confusing as my goal was to repeat the one file i'd added.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #43
"open" with "repeat one" fixed in current build, too lazy to post it now.
alt shortcuts are on todo list.
still not sure about "reset to zero" problem, but it's more likely an effect of holding cursor key and hitting end of file.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #44
I am assuming that you hate wma with a passion.  I personally try to avoid it as a plague.  But will that format ever be supported?  I have a few rare live songs that I downloaded which is wma format, it would be nice that foobar can play them.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #45
No way with WMA!

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #46
Well, sorting revisited...
Sorting by tracknumber sorts again by filename (0.27c).
'Sort by...' %track% performs explorer style sorting: 1,10,11...19,2,20...29,3 (not that usefull, IMHO).

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #47
zZzZzZz,

Just out of curiosity: Why no id3v2 support?

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #48
libid3 takes 100k of exe space just to read bloody tags. ultimate bloatware. and i never figured how to use it anyway (*cough* "tag --removeid3v2 --force ape2 *.mp3").
id3v2 support might come in form of an optional "component" later, tag reading stuff is exposed to cross-dll component interface.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #49
Some UT ImpulseTrackers have some extra minutes in foobar than in Winamp (using lastest X-Fixer's build).
Also, when you skip foward or backward with arrows, playback starts from the begining.