Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Buffered Ogg Files (Read 4601 times) previous topic - next topic

Buffered Ogg Files

I have looked at the options for ogg file types in Winamp and it has the option of buffering full files from disk.  What does this actually mean? I'm a bit new with ogg format, but I like it.
:Foobar 2000:
:MPC --standard:
:iRiver H320 Rockboxed:

Buffered Ogg Files

Reply #1
Thats means that Winamp will "copy" the whole Ogg file in RAM.

So it will going to read the file "from" RAM an not from the disk... this probably give more stable playback if the disk is busy...
JorSol
aoTuVb5 -q4

Buffered Ogg Files

Reply #2
Hmm I've been having problems with Winamp at the moment so I might try that, thanks for the info.

Buffered Ogg Files

Reply #3
Hmm I've been having problems with Winamp at the moment so I might try that, thanks for the info.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363459"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

problems like??

It generally isn't necessary to buffer full files, it just wastes memory.. especially if you ever try to play a very large file
Vorbis-q0-lowpass99
lame3.93.1-q5-V9-k-nspsytune

Buffered Ogg Files

Reply #4
Hmm I've been having problems with Winamp at the moment so I might try that, thanks for the info

buffering is allocating space in memory for a stream, especially if it's in realtime.  If you are having problems with Winamp you might want to decrease the buffer size on the decoder, etc.
budding I.T professional

Buffered Ogg Files

Reply #5
Thanks for the help guys.