Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: RazorSound CD-R 24X Audio cd-r Longlife (Read 4326 times) previous topic - next topic

RazorSound CD-R 24X Audio cd-r Longlife

In a swedish store JME http://www.jmedata.se/default.htm I found this "RazorSound CD-R 24X Audio cd-r Longlife" which they claim is speciallly designed for burning auio cd-r on computer. Can't find anything in newsgroups or on the web. Anyone???

Reply #1
You can use a proggie named "cdridentifier" to know who is the real
media manufacturer...and if its good quality media or not...
(The app is avaliable in many sites, like Cd media World etc...)

LIF
"Jazz washes away the dust of everyday life" (Art Blakey)

Reply #2
BTW, I just bought a spool of Verbatim Datalife Plus branded (silver) at cdrplanet.com.  "CDR Inspector" identifies the manufacturer as Mitsubishi Chemical, and Cyanine/Azo.  Anyone know if these are any good?  I don't recall the link for testing the various manufacturers.

So far I've had excellent luck with a couple other Verbatim Silvers I've tested.  They seem to burn fine at 24x and BLER is low.

Relative expensive though... unit price is 0.42 apiece, and these are 74 min. CD-R's.

Edit n/m... found the link.  Seems these are rated as "medium," at least the unbranded ones.

Reply #3
Originally posted by fewtch
BTW, I just bought a spool of Verbatim Datalife Plus branded (silver) at cdrplanet.com.  "CDR Inspector" identifies the manufacturer as Mitsubishi Chemical, and Cyanine/Azo.  Anyone know if these are any good?

Are those super AZO or metal AZO? I recall that the metal AZO perform slightly better. Only the 24x of course, stay away from the 32x and 40x, they are horrible!

Reply #4
Originally posted by CiTay

Are those super AZO or metal AZO? I recall that the metal AZO perform slightly better. Only the 24x of course, stay away from the 32x and 40x, they are horrible!

I'm not sure if they're super AZO or metal AZO.  The surface is "greenish-blue" and the spool says "made in Taiwan."  The tops are blank silver, with a branding in black print near the hole in the center.

These are rated at 32x, but could of course be 24x "rebranded" to 32x (the 74 min. length hits at the possibility, since most are looking for 80-min CD-R's these days). 

There's no way to tell with CD-R media... it could drive you nuts! :insane:

I'll try burning a test disc and scan it with several utilities, see how many errors I get burning at 24x.

Reply #5
OK, here are the test results:

Burner - Plextor 24/10/40A
Software: NTI CD Maker 2000
Speed: 24x selected

Data: 621.38MB
Time to burn: 03:25 (not including TOC)

Checked in: Toshiba SD-M1612 DVD-ROM drive
Read speed: FULL all the way
CDSpeed2000 "CD Quality Check" results: 24 (correctable) errors (0.000%)
CDSpeed2000 "Scandisc" - All sectors good (except the last one shows "unreadable," which is typical with discs written with the Plextor drive and read on the Toshiba drive -- all files are fully readable.

Conclusion: I'm happy.