Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Downloading 1.6.7 beta 2 (trojan?) (Read 531 times) previous topic - next topic

Downloading 1.6.7 beta 2 (trojan?)

I see that my Windows 10 quarantines the download, with the following info.  This is beyond any of the usual MS Defender warnings:

Detected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml
Quarantined files are in a restricted area where they can't harm your device.
They will be removed automatically.
Date: 5/20/2021 10:55 AM
Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.
Affected items:
ile: C:\Users\. . .\Downloads\foobar2000_v1.6.7_beta_2.exe

Anyone know: Is there indeed a threat here?  Thanks, N.

Re: Downloading 1.6.7 beta 2 (trojan?)

Reply #2
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/c53629cb445aee325fad6e6641e23d440ca5a68198ce19d2b68d8705d21539cf/detection
yeah, it is so stupid by microsoft, also, after the update (20H1), it's started to send some executables that i daily use to quarantine for the suposed same reason that is in the link shows. i had to make it "allow", and then deactivated the realtime protection, for the sake of this.
11 years latter.... i finally created an account.

Reply #3
For that kind of reasons I stopped using windows defender long time ago.
foobar2000 plays music

Reply #4
Thanks to you both.  I suspended Windows Defender and then downloaded.  I got no such warnings, by the way, with beta 3.

N.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021