Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC won't recognise my drive (Read 2934 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC won't recognise my drive

Greetings,

I cannot locate when in time this error actually started to occur.
I've been using EAC with this particular drive for more than 10 years. I noticed that even on a freshly formatted PC the following happens:
  • When I install EAC and run it for the first time it read the drive perfectly fine.
  • AccurateRip detects the drive features as always and I can alter all the options and proceed to rip.
  • If however I try to load my profiles from a previous setup, I get an error and EAC shuts down.
  • I'm using v1.6 and my profiles come from v1.3, but even If I try to revert to v1.3 I get the same problems as described above.
  • The next time I try and run EAC the drive is grayed out and not listed, the only way I can have it appear again is if I reinstalled EAC
  • This means I have to reinstall EAC and set it up every time I want to use it...

I'm providing screenshots for the listed problems.
Any input is much appreciated!

Re: EAC won't recognise my drive

Reply #1
The problem when you do a fresh install of Windows, it doesn't necessarily install devices in the same order. Your drive is currently Adapter: 1 ID: 0. On the previous Windows it may have been something else so your old profile is applying settings for a drive location that doesn't exist.

Try this. After installing and setting up but before you apply the old profile, save the current drive settings in a new profile. Click the new button near the bottom of the Window, Select drive options, give it a name and select OK. Load your old profile followed by the one for just the new drive options.
korth

Reply #2
Your drive is currently Adapter: 1 ID: 0.
Memory going. The drive options are now stored by drive name not Adapter/ID.
korth

Reply #3
The problem when you do a fresh install of Windows, it doesn't necessarily install devices in the same order. Your drive is currently Adapter: 1 ID: 0. On the previous Windows it may have been something else so your old profile is applying settings for a drive location that doesn't exist.

Try this. After installing and setting up but before you apply the old profile, save the current drive settings in a new profile. Click the new button near the bottom of the Window, Select drive options, give it a name and select OK. Load your old profile followed by the one for just the new drive options.

Thank you for replying!
I tried what you said but it won't work, If I close EAC and open it again the drive is not recognized even thought the settings are saved. Trying to load the old profiles still results in the same error.
So the only solution is to again install EAC every time I want to use it...
The weird thing is, if I try and use v1.3 I get the same issues. Can it be that something changed in Windows 10 (20H2) and created these issues with EAC?
Also is there any way to open a *.cfg profile file externally, so that I can view my old settings?

Reply #4
I haven't tried 20H2 yet so couldn't say. Can you run and restart EAC without issue if you do not try to load any profiles?

AFAIK most of the cfg file isn't readable (other than by EAC).
The settings are stored in the registry.
Code: [Select]
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AWSoftware\EACU
You might be able to export the bad settings (when you restart and the drive is grayed out) and compare those to a fresh install.
korth

Reply #5
Just to make things weirder...  :o
I installed EAC v1.3 on another computer that doesn't even have a drive, and tried to load my old profiles which of course, were used and saved with v1.3.
Surprise! Another error but this time with a different options error number.
I must say, things kind of point out to a Windows version error.
What windows version/revision/build are you using may I ask?

Reply #6
Win10Pro, v2004, b19041.928
I don't think you ruled out corrupt info in the profile adding bad setting value(s) to the registry.
On a fresh install, can you create and load a new profile [LOAD THE NEWLY CREATED PROFILE ONLY] and restart without error?
Can you run and restart EAC without issue if you do not try to load any profiles?
You also didn't answer the question of how EAC performed without loading any profiles.
korth

Reply #7
So, after thoroughly checking things from scratch and a new PC format I ended up with the following:

• The reason for this weird behavior and error messages was the fact that my profile .cfg files are corrupt, so I must reconfigure them again. Any attempt to load them causes this weird behavior.
  • Otherwise my drive is normally recognized. However the weird behavior of not detecting the drive also occurred when I used Remote Desktop (RDP).
  • So there is nothing wrong with Windows 10, regardless of build. But there is a solution that needs configuring to fix the RDP issue. It can be found here:
    No drives recognized using RDP (remote desktop)

Thank you korth for taking the time to reply! Cheers!