Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Installing Nyaochi's LAME 3.90.3 CueSupport (Read 2615 times) previous topic - next topic

Installing Nyaochi's LAME 3.90.3 CueSupport

Hi, "bit" (understatment) of a n00b here but that is the reason I've read and searched this place and the 'net and experimented for 3 days now in my quest for gapless MP3 from a large .wav file (originally a rm radio broadcast converted with streambox ripper) to play in my MP3 compatible car stereo. (BTW - all those progs like Gapkiller etc are useless unless I'm mistaken).

I have been unsuccessful to date but think that CUE support (ie a CUE generated from the Wav in EAC) with Nyaochi's Cue supporting Lame might be my best shot at getting this licked.

There is a problem though - I'm no programmer      and I don't see a frontend to make this thing so I can have a bash with it. The d/l page and the readme in the zip refers to a file called INSTALL for instructions on patching but it is not included in the files i d/l'd 

Can someone point me in the right direction please (or tell me if I'm not going to get gapless with this anyway so I won't bother).

I'm really fed up as I bought this stereo specifically so I could puts lots of MP3's on a CD and listen to them in my car - but so far I have 3 choices:

1. Burn as audio (so no point in my stereo supporting MP3!)
2. Convert the large wavs to large MP3's (or directly rip the rm to MP3 with Streambox) and not get the ability to skip through the tracks.
3. Burn as best I have been to date - and get mood shattering blips.

Also, it is bugging me that I've used CDwave to split the large wavs to date and then used lamedrop/lamedropxp (not sure what the difference is) with lame (the latest --nogap version I think) or all2lame - and STILL I see silences at the start and end of the files when viewing with Cool Edit! 

Anyway, I know this must be the most common question asked on here - but at least you can see I've tried to educate myself so far.

Thanks in advance.

Reply #1
Reading that back seems a little garbled (but I don't want to edit out in case it makes sense to someone who can help). So by way of clarification, can someone give me a definitive answer to whether I can:

Q1. Convert a 32kbs rm (continuous "mixed" dance music webcast) file to a good single wav or mp3?
[answer = yes                  ] [using --> streambox ripper]

Q2. Take the mp3 or wav from 1, above, and *somehow* cut some trackmarkers into it?
[answer =                        ] [using -->              ] [settings -->          ]

Q3. Can I give those trackmarkers names according to what I want to call them?
[answer =                        ] [using -->              ] [settings -->          ]

Q3. Can I then burn that mp3/wav file (or those mp3/wav files), along with many other files, AS MP3's (data) onto a CD-r and have it play in my Pioneer Car Stereo WITHOUT ANY BLIPS in between the seekable tracks?

In essence, I am looking for a DEFINITIVE GUIDE for getting gapless playback (not on a computer) from a single, big, continuous wav (or mp3) - what incentive is there for anyone to do this? Well, aside from helping me from going insane (and probably my girlfirend breaking up with me due to the time I'm spending trying to solve this) - you will be the 1st person to have done this - believe me - there is no (readily accessible, anyway) guide out there - doubtless people will copy and paste the guide hundreds of times over the years (and hpefully give you credit for it also).

I'll leave it at that.

Reply #2
Q2. Take the mp3 or wav from 1, above, and *somehow* cut some trackmarkers into it?
Q3. Can I give those trackmarkers names according to what I want to call them?

You'll need some time and patience, but yes, you can do it... 
Example of .cue file. You can modify this files with a text editor:
TITLE "Heaven and Earth"
PERFORMER "Kitaro"
REM Time  : 58:06:00
REM Length: 3489 seconds
REM Year  : 1993
REM Genre : SoundTrack
REM DiscID: eb0d9f11
FILE "Kitaro - Heaven and Earth.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Heaven and Earth (Land theme)"
    PREGAP 00:02:00
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Sau Dau tree"
    INDEX 01 10:28:10
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Ahn & Le Ly love theme"
    INDEX 01 14:09:31
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Saigon reunion"
    INDEX 01 19:04:19
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Arvn"
    INDEX 01 24:52:72
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Sau nightmare"
    INDEX 01 28:34:26
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "V.C. Bonfire"
    INDEX 01 29:33:13
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "Trong Com"
    INDEX 01 30:20:46
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "Ahn's house"
    INDEX 01 31:03:73
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "Destiny"
    INDEX 01 37:31:26
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    TITLE "Last phone call"
    INDEX 01 38:45:11
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
    TITLE "A child without a father"
    INDEX 01 40:25:22
  TRACK 13 AUDIO
    TITLE "Village attack - The arrest"
    INDEX 01 42:29:68
  TRACK 14 AUDIO
    TITLE "Walk to the village"
    INDEX 01 43:51:25
  TRACK 15 AUDIO
    TITLE "Steve's ghosts"
    INDEX 01 46:51:33
  TRACK 16 AUDIO
    TITLE "Return to Vietnam"
    INDEX 01 48:23:12
  TRACK 17 AUDIO
    TITLE "End titles"
    INDEX 01 50:27:47

Can I then burn that mp3/wav file (or those mp3/wav files), along with many other files, AS MP3's (data) onto a CD-r and have it play in my Pioneer Car Stereo WITHOUT ANY BLIPS in between the seekable tracks?

Mmmm, you could do it with a "software player" like foobar2000, but with a "hardware player"... I think the answer for the second part is no, you can't.
Good luck. 

Reply #3
I read a thread the other day talking about the way to burn mp3s.  It said if you burn by track you get gaps end of story but ifyou burn by album you don't. . . its in the FAQ just look under burning mp3s i hope it solves your problem.