Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WASAPI output - Issues with playback oft 4.0 Channel files (Read 706 times) previous topic - next topic

WASAPI output - Issues with playback oft 4.0 Channel files

Hi community,
i hope you can help wit this issue: Playback of 4.0 channel .flac files doesn't work proper. Playback is only on FL and FR. Other Multichannel files (5.0, 5.1) are working as exspected.
Big Thanks in Advance 
Helios

System Specifications:
 - Win10/Pro
 - Foobar2000 1.3.10
 - WASAPI Plugin 3.2.3 (event)

- INTEL Display Audio (Core I5 4570S)
 - connected with HDMI to
 - Yamaha RX-V679

Re: WASAPI output - Issues with playback of 4.0 Channel files

Reply #1
In a quite similar setup (foobar2000, Windows 10, Display Audio over HDMI) I don't have a problem playing 4.0 files. Only small differences WASAPI (push) and a diffent brand of receiver (Onkyo).

A workaround you could try is channel mixer to create 6 channels with Upmix to Off. Or else try Direct Sound (configure the sound device with correct number of channels).
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Re: WASAPI output - Issues with playback oft 4.0 Channel files

Reply #2
Hi @GeSomeone ,

Big Thanks for your reply.

Only small differences WASAPI (push) and a diffent brand of receiver (Onkyo).

Very strange. My other PC (HTPC), nearly the same setup, is connected with DR. HDMI HDFury (Pioneer AVR Profile) to the RX-V679 and is working fine. Maybe the issue realated to intel HD Audio driver or to Yamaha AVR?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021