Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bass.dll Power! (Read 3601 times) previous topic - next topic

Bass.dll Power!

It supposedly allows processing of DirectX plugins, EAX and 3d positional sound.

Can any of these be harnessed and used as DSPs?

Edit: WMA is most certainly not a DSP... Bleh. Yay for not double-checking edits.

Bass.dll Power!

Reply #1
DirectX plugins
Just the standard DirectSound 8 effect filters, and it would probably require the same 16 bit downsampling as SoundTouch.

EAX and 3d positional sound
As an output device only.

Bass.dll Power!

Reply #2
It supposedly allows processing of DirectX plugins, EAX and 3d positional sound.

I've thought about the implementation of EAX effects in my OpenAL output plugin but I've decided that this wouldn't be appropriate for an output plugin (it's impossible for an DSP plugin to use EAX) and I think nobody really wants that. It would be very easy to implement for me. If there is a need from somebody I will implement it....