Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Accuracy FLAC decoder (Read 28820 times) previous topic - next topic

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #75
Now that is clear nothing will be clarified in a satisfying way i vote for the recycler for this whole thread.

+1

The refusal to provide any evidence is the only clear thing in the whole thread from the OP.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #76
Yeah, frequency response is easy to measure even for low-end audio interfaces since the differences can be accumulated in multiple loop back tests. Refusal of DBT and providing samples are typical acts of self-deceiving placebophiles and TOS8 violation. Please just bin it. I don't mind my dither test which took me 1-2 hours to prepare also get binned as well since it will still be readable in HA from the bin.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #77
With all due respect. What strikes me is not the fact that someone can not hear anything in blind tests. Unusually, no one had any experience of repeatability: the installation of Winamp player to Win XP_SP3 -> check bit-depth in flac and wav at 16-bit audio card.
So, by the way to bin, I will say that the ordinary CD-player has 16 or 18 or 20bit DAC. And some can hear the difference between the old and new CDs. They are should know that they do not have to make excuses. Loudness war is not related to the quality, it was a means of combating with lossy. The real culprit of bad digital quality audio - multiple convert bit-depth, which can not be corrected.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #78
I really did learn a lot new things now. In short:

'ape bass better SP3 flac 16bit PCI, USB XP depth'

Finaly someone gets a grasp of the big picture and tells us, THANKS!

Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #79
Pretty good troll, had me going until page 3.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #80
Strangely, I can not edit my post. Well, you still have questions "What is it?" and "Explain that!". Output seems to include fantasy (not too much) and place any the words in the right places.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #81
I really did learn a lot new things now. In short:

'ape bass better SP3 flac 16bit PCI, USB XP depth'

Finaly someone gets a grasp of the big picture and tells us, THANKS!

The op (Bublic) may clarify whether the difference in Bass perception is for the SAME song in two different formats (Ape & Flac) or generally for his Flac songs Vs Ape songs.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #82
LOL. 
"I hear it when I see it."

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #83
I will try to say once again very simple. All the music, which was recorded in the studio, mix digitally by changing the bit-dept and f ©. It happened to 90s of the last century. If this change is carried out at least once, the music loses its quality. Next to music, you can do any EQ, and apply to this music any psychoacoustic models for loss encoding, but their original properties (any part? mainly part?) it has already lost. And that for me was the opportunity to hear and to explain. I mean, I hope so.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #84
Maybe your flac files once were packed with compressed zip?
It is known once an audio file is zipped it looses fidelity and will never sound the same as before.
When your ape files never were zipped while your flac files were we have found the problem!
Does a zip or a tar/gzip archive compression damage audio files?
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #85
Lossless compression has been disproven by quantum mechanics, don't you know? It's too complicated to explain this in detail, but the bits basically adopt a quantum state between uncompressed and compressed and this state confusion makes it into your brain's neurons, which will then fire differently for a compressed track.
"I hear it when I see it."

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #86
You seem to have got used to laugh at audiophiles, gentlemen? And when you bring serious arguments, immediately begins trolling.

I still have no answer to the question of the title theme. And I do not know where else to get it, how not to HA.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #87
You seem to have got used to laugh at audiophiles, gentlemen? And when you bring serious arguments, immediately begins trolling.

Where was the serious argument?  You made a claim which slaps science in the face, placing the burden of proof upon your own shoulders, and no proof ever showed up.

And if that's too much idiom for translation tell me and I'll rephrase, but this schizophrenic refusal to converse is driving me bonkers.
Creature of habit.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #88

I still have no answer to the question of the title theme. And I do not know where else to get it, how not to HA.

You don't understand the mathematics of how sampling etc works and are not prepared to try to understand, you don't want to understand either so why did you even start this thread? You're the one trolling.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #90
Soap
I do not know what someone's drives mad. It's not my fault anyway. Therefore, I try to write a brief. Read 4 messages, everything else do not need to understand:
Post #1
Post #9
Post #70
Post #84

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #91

The question in the title, "Accuracy FLAC decoder" was completely answered in the first paragraph of the first reply

FLAC, APE, TAK and other lossless codecs are LOSSLESS. There is no sound quality difference what so ever. Those who believe otherwise is ignorant.
What lossless means: If you decode the compressed file you will get the exact same result as the original file; the WAV. It will even have the same checksum.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #92
Post #9
Post #70
Post #84

It is evident that Winamp out_wave.dll has the correct 16-bit output to WAV, and the 24-bit for 16 / 44.1 flac, which leads to unnecessary conversion 16 - 24 - 16 in the case of fair 16-bit DAC.

This is not a problem unless you are dealing with >24 bit files.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #93
This is not a problem unless you are dealing with >24 bit files.

I do not have to deal with 24-bit files, it can be seen in the screenshots. I can see it. Why do you not see?

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #95
saratoga
You, as I understand, you want to talk about something abstractness. And even insist on it! Do me a favor, will continue in some other topic.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #96
Hello! I often hear the opinion that the need to trans-code FLAC files to WAV to achieve the highest quality sound.

The people who offer that opinion are factually wrong.  FLAC is a form of file storage WITHOUT ANY LOSS.  It gets translated to PCM before your computer plays it back.
WAV is a form of file storage WITHOUT ANY LOSS.  It too gets translated to PCM before your computer plays it back.

While about WV files or APE that did not say.

(In this context) WV is a form of file storage WITHOUT ANY LOSS.  It gets translated to PCM before your computer plays it back.
APE is a form of file sotrage WITHOUT ANY LOSS.  IT gets translated to PCM before your computer plays it back.

I use a 16-bit PC sound cards and my subjective opinion, at low frequencies there is some advantage APE over the FLAC.

This is literally mathematically impossible unless your computer or software is fucked.
IF your computer or software is fucked this is not what one would expect it to sound like.

Is it possible to learn more about how it works FLAC-decoder step-by-step? Library to compile the decoder, is only one, or if there are several decoders FLAC? Is it possible (not in the laboratory) to objectively compare Decoders APE and FLAC for instance?

You can, on your machine, objectively decode them.  IF YOU WOULD ACTUALLY DO SO you would find they output exactly what was stored.  1 to 1. 

You are free to do so, but the work has already been done for you by the people who make the software and hundreds and thousands of others.  Why do you disbelieve the preponderance of the evidence?

It is evident that Winamp out_wave.dll has the correct 16-bit output to WAV, and the 24-bit for 16 / 44.1 flac, which leads to unnecessary conversion 16 - 24 - 16 in the case of fair 16-bit DAC.

16-24-16 MIGHT increase the noise level an almost certainly imperceptible amount.  It can not produce the symptoms your are describing.

1-2.) This is a spontaneous, random process, it has in my case there is any strict boundaries in time. A desire to listen to this or that music, I listen to it for yourself, and note that the APE 16/44 tend to sound a bit more articulate, which is especially noticeable in the area of bass and midbass ??percussion instruments. It was not much at all the records, and usually those that were issued in 80s and then transferred to lossless. Most clearly this effect can be discerned in the style of rock music and related music styles, I suppose. I admit that at best in the world of musical equipment time "go faster."

AS I HAVE ALREADY SAID THIS IS NOT WHAT ERRORS IN DIGITAL AUDIO PLAYBACK SOUND LIKE.  YOU ARE PERFECTLY DESCRIBING SELF DELUSION.

3) Whatever it was, to some extent, ABX is a stress for the human psyche, ie altered state of consciousness. What is fraught with committing more errors than the state, which is uninterested in anything particular listener.

You are saying your claims don't stand up when put to the test.  This is fine and well, but claims which can not be objectively demonstrated are against the rules here.  Go somewhere else to talk about faeries.

I will try to say once again very simple. All the music, which was recorded in the studio, mix digitally by changing the bit-dept and f ©. It happened to 90s of the last century. If this change is carried out at least once, the music loses its quality.

Not a universal truth and when true IT DOESN'T MATTER AS IT'S AS GOOD OF A COPY AS A CONSUMER WILL EVER OWN.

Next to music, you can do any EQ, and apply to this music any psychoacoustic models for loss encoding, but their original properties (any part? mainly part?) it has already lost. And that for me was the opportunity to hear and to explain. I mean, I hope so.

Doesn't matter.  Whatever you can actually acquire can be stored PERFECTLY by FLAC.

SO WHAT IS THE QUESTION WHICH REMAINS?

Creature of habit.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #97
saratoga
You, as I understand, you want to talk about something abstractness.

I'll make this concrete then if you aren't interested in the theory behind this: everything is fine and you don't have to worry.

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #98
I have a question.  Actually a few of them.  Why do people keep responding to this topic?  (oops on my part, I suppose, but it needs to be asked anyway)  Why haven't the moderators locked it, yet and give the original poster a warning to knock it off?

Accuracy FLAC decoder

Reply #99
saratoga
You, as I understand, you want to talk about something abstractness.

I'll make this concrete then if you aren't interested in the theory behind this: everything is fine and you don't have to worry.

I'm pretty convinced this troll understands us perfectly well and the inability to make themselves understood is contrived, perhaps by "transcoding" English -> Chinese -> English or something.