Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: QAAC: TVBR and CVBR (Read 8522 times) previous topic - next topic

QAAC: TVBR and CVBR

I would like to understand the technical difference between TVBR and CVBR.

Pls. can someone explain or point me to a place where I can found already published documentation.

Thx

Reply #1
I would like to understand the technical difference between TVBR and CVBR.

Pls. can someone explain or point me to a place where I can found already published documentation.

Thx

Well. Seems that I already found the answer in another post below.

Hard CBR: no bit-reservoir, every frame (21.5-43 ms) has the same bit consumption (e.g. -hard-cbr in Opus)
    Soft CBR: small bit-reservoir, for example one with the size given in the MPEG standard (e.g. Fraunhofer CBR)
    ABR: large bit-reservoir, maybe up to a few seconds. Entirely up to the developer (e.g. ABR in Nero's encoder?)
    CVBR: very large bit-reservoir, maybe up to a minute. Entirely up to the developer (e.g. CVBR in Apple's encoder?)
    TVBR: maximum bit-reservoir, every frame and channel may use between ~10 and 6144 bits (e.g. Apple's or Fraunhofer's VBR)

Sorry for not checking before.

Reply #2
I remember C.R.Helmrich wrote that but I can't find the post, can you link it please? Thanks.