Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC DirectShow Filter (Read 5880 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC DirectShow Filter

does anyone know a good FLAC DirectShow filter? the only ones that i know of are CoreFLAC and illiminable. however, i'm getting a few problems with them. CoreFLAC is good, plays well, and even allows Media Player Classic to view the tags, but when the song reaches the end, Media Player Classic crashes and blames it on CoreFLAC. i've also tried illiminable's DirectShow filters. However, playback doesn't even begin with them. i've also tried to make Media Player Classic make it the prefered filter, but it still doesn't work.

FLAC DirectShow Filter

Reply #1
I use the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack available from http://www.codecguide.com/ for all my multimedia needs.  It includes a copy of Media Player Classic (so you don't have to install it separately), and support just pretty much every format available, including Real and Quicktime.  Quite handy.

FLAC DirectShow Filter

Reply #2
I use the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack available from http://www.codecguide.com/ for all my multimedia needs.  It includes a copy of Media Player Classic (so you don't have to install it separately), and support just pretty much every format available, including Real and Quicktime.  Quite handy.

Surely it would be better to direct the questioner to coreflac, which is used by k-lite? It seems over kill to add all that crap (and maybe upsetting his current configuration) just to get flac playback.

FLAC DirectShow Filter

Reply #3

the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is overkill. even though it has MPC included, i prefer the CVS versions due to them having more bugfixes than the final. and also, the K-Lite Mega Codec pack uses illiminable's filters which i'm having trouble with(as i've already mentioned, they don't work).

FLAC DirectShow Filter

Reply #4
You might try FFDShow as FLAC decoder.

FLAC DirectShow Filter

Reply #5
i do use ffdshow with FLAC. however, it won't work with .flac files because it's made to be used with container formats such as mkv, avi, etc...

FLAC DirectShow Filter

Reply #6
Surely it would be better to direct the questioner to coreflac, which is used by k-lite? It seems over kill to add all that crap (and maybe upsetting his current configuration) just to get flac playback.

If all he wants to add is FLAC support, then sure, the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is certainly overkill.  I find it convenient because it supports all of the codecs I've ever needed to use on a regular basis, and includes MPC, which he mentioned he uses in his post.  So, I though I'd mention it as an option.  It wasn't meant to be presented as the one and only solution to his problem.  Sorry if that's how it came across.

FLAC DirectShow Filter

Reply #7
i do use ffdshow with FLAC. however, it won't work with .flac files because it's made to be used with container formats such as mkv, avi, etc...

I think you need a FLAC source filter. CoreFlac should work, but I don't know why it doesen't for you.

FLAC DirectShow Filter

Reply #8
CoreFLAC DOES work for me. however, when the playback reaches the end or if i exit the program using it, the program crashes and blames it on CoreFLAC