Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_playlists_dropdown (Read 475473 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_playlists_dropdown

Reply #50
It'll be very handy if we could delete currently active playlist by hold down SHIFT and left click it, and also press F3 to rename it, and please make sure to let the text field get the focus when the "rename playlist" dialog box appeared.

Regards.

Reply #51
the component works great, thanks for the dev
and your fb2k looks great btw

Reply #52
hi mixcherry, this plugin is GREAT ...I have many playlists and it just makes changing between them so much easier (especially since panel stack hasn't been ported for 0.9.1)
Fantastic work!
Thanks for this plugin mixcherry!
I too was looking for a way to display the active playlist and this fits the bill nicely.
the component works great, thanks for the dev
and your fb2k looks great btw
Thank you very much! And you know, there would be no plugins without users

would it be possible to display the total filesize of the playlist?  I can't seem to find a tag that does this.
Of course it would be possible  I've added the field %filesize% (though I don't think this is the most appropriate name for this field... maybe someone has better idea?), which returns the total size of playlist in bytes (so you'll have to use e.g. $div(%filesize%,1048576) to retrieve the size in MB).

It'll be very handy if we could delete currently active playlist by hold down SHIFT and left click it, and also press F3 to rename it, and please make sure to let the text field get the focus when the 'rename playlist' dialog box appeared.
Actually, the non-focused text field has been fixed some time ago, I just forgot to mension there was new version  Also, F2 renames selected (selected is not always equal to active) playlist -- I think that F2 (not F3) is the 'default' key for rename. DEL removes the playlist (I'll think about SHIFT+left click, it would be handy). You can also configure action for Middle click (creates new playlist for default).

I also added simple mouse wheel support in v0.5.6 (you can activate it in Preferences, it is disabled by default, as it is annoying when you accidentally use the wheel over the list). I improved Preferences page a bit.

I've also changed names of some fields in this version!
  • %playlist_lock% has been changed to %lock%
  • %is_playing% --> %isplaying%
  • %is_active% --> %isactive%
So you'll have to change those fields in 'Formatting string for playlist names' (see my plugin's preferences page). Or just press 'Reset page' button (it will reset all settings /of this plugin/!!). Sorry for that inconvenience!

Reply #53
Of course it would be possible smile.gif I've added the field %filesize% (though I don't think this is the most appropriate name for this field... maybe someone has better idea?), which returns the total size of playlist in bytes (so you'll have to use e.g. $div(%filesize%,1048576) to retrieve the size in MB).

Thanks mixcherry  Very fast response too!  I think calling it filesize is fine. Having this filesize field is great because with the sendtodevice plugin i can make my playlist in foobar and ensure it's the right overall size to export to my mp3 player^^.

Oh, and just being a bit pedantic, on the edited first post you have the string as $div(%size%,1048576) instead of %filesize%.  Just had me confused for about 10 seconds when I pasted into foobar (yes, I know I'm lazy).

Cheers.

Reply #54
It'll be very handy if we could delete currently active playlist by hold down SHIFT and left click it, and also press F3 to rename it, and please make sure to let the text field get the focus when the 'rename playlist' dialog box appeared.
Actually, the non-focused text field has been fixed some time ago, I just forgot to mension there was new version  Also, F2 renames selected (selected is not always equal to active) playlist -- I think that F2 (not F3) is the 'default' key for rename. DEL removes the playlist (I'll think about SHIFT+left click, it would be handy). You can also configure action for Middle click (creates new playlist for default).

I also added simple mouse wheel support in v0.5.6 (you can activate it in Preferences, it is disabled by default, as it is annoying when you accidentally use the wheel over the list). I improved Preferences page a bit.

Thanks mixcherry, and I have two more suggestions:
1.Could it be possible to auto open this dropdown when I drag a music file over it? so I can choose which playlist to add to.
2. Hope it's not too hard to implement drag & drop sorting function.

Reply #55
There is this "Set max height" checkbox on the preferences page, does it have any effect? I can't see it do anything and don't see a place to define the maximal height either.
Am I missing something obvious?

Reply #56
Hi mixcherry,
first I would like to thank you for your great plugin.
But I also have a feature request:
Is it possible to integrate in the context menu, that you can i.e. load and save the playlists.
It would be really great if it would have all the functions the contextmenu of the playlist switcher has.

Reply #57
thanks for this great plugin

Reply #58
Thanks mixcherry, and I have two more suggestions:
1.Could it be possible to auto open this dropdown when I drag a music file over it? so I can choose which playlist to add to.
2. Hope it's not too hard to implement drag & drop sorting function.
  • Yes, I thought about it (it would be *extremely* handy), but I'm not certain if this is possible using 'normal' ComboBox control's 'methods'. Maybe someone who is more experienced in Windows development would like to help
  • Well, it's harder than I thought, but when I find some free time, I'll try to add Drag&Drop.
There is this "Set max height" checkbox on the preferences page, does it have any effect? I can't see it do anything and don't see a place to define the maximal height either.
Am I missing something obvious?
It does have some effect  Try it with this layout (I've just added my plugin to default layout):
Code: [Select]
Horizontal splitter
[+] Vertical splitter
        Playlist switcher
        Playlists Dropdown
    Columns playlist

With Set max height (checked) you won't be able to change the height of Playlists Dropdown Panel - it will always stay at its default (automatic) height. If this option is unchecked, you can change the panel's height.

[EDIT] Re-uploaded version with console-spamming disabled  [/EDIT]

Reply #59
mixcherry: I just tried 0.5.7, and when I left-click on the dropdown, the console gets spammed with a "LEFT MOUSE BUTTON" message.

Reply #60
Hi mixcherry, very nice plugin and useful for my Foo_mini config!!

But I have a problem: when another panel is too close from foo uie playlist dropdown, the dropdown menu appears UNDER all other panels..

I have made 3 screens. on the bugdrop3 the darkline is what is appearing when i want to see the menu and the seekbar is as close as possible from your plugin.

The two others show that when your plugin is "far" from the seekbar it appears normally. (it's not link to the seekbar, I already had this this foo ui columns as "closest" panel)

Reply #61
Hi Bachi-Bouzouk! Thanks for this bug-report... Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it - could you please give links to screenshots you've made? Anyway, someone else has already told about this problem - but I don't know if this is my fault or something else (Windows Controls?... Columns UI?...)

Reply #62
very nice plugin, thank you:)

Reply #63
Hi Bachi-Bouzouk! Thanks for this bug-report... Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it - could you please give links to screenshots you've made? Anyway, someone else has already told about this problem - but I don't know if this is my fault or something else (Windows Controls?... Columns UI?...)

I can confirm that bug! And it only happens with your box! 

By the way: i tested playlists dropdown only in sidebar. Perhaps this is the problem. When i am at home i will look into it!

Reply #64
very nice plugin, thank you:)
Thanks  I've made it because I wanted to use it

I can confirm that bug! And it only happens with your box!
Screenshots or/and your Layout would be much appreciated!  I really can't do anything if I don't know how to reproduce the problem. I need more information: what system do you use (XP/2000/ +SP?), are you using Windows Themes, what version of Columns UI do you use, what options ('Set max height'??) are checked, etc.

I guess it only happens with my box because it is the only 'Combobox' component (except 'Playback order'), and maybe there has never been chance for the bug to occur. We'll see.

By the way: i tested playlists dropdown only in sidebar. Perhaps this is the problem. When i am at home i will look into it!
'Sidebar'?? There is no sidebar in new Columns UI (v0.1.3 beta 1v5 for now). Are you sure you are using the newest version of this component? If not, please install the newest available version of Columns UI and check whether the problem still occurs.

Reply #67
the bug is not inked to my .fcs ..

I updated my previous post with more information, I had forgotten to answer some of your questions, sorry

edit: grammar

Reply #68
This plugin is coming along great. Nice work mixcherry. 
I have 2 freature requests.
* List dividers. (hr) if you know what I mean.
* Playlist button. See image below. I'm trying to achieve an explorer folder window look. And the Playlist dropdown would look like the address field. But the address field have a text in front, playlist dropdown has not. Maybe it could be an option, if you like the idea at all that is.

Reply #69
* Playlist button. See image below. I'm trying to achieve an explorer folder window look. And the Playlist dropdown would look like the address field. But the address field have a text in front, playlist dropdown has not. Maybe it could be an option, if you like the idea at all that is.
[a href="http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=playlist3tj.jpg" target="_blank"]

I also have a request (a little bit of a selfish one) that you would be able to have multiple dropdowns available. The reason I ask is that I would like to be able to create a second one which would show the playlist queue.

Reply #70
I also have a request (a little bit of a selfish one) that you would be able to have multiple dropdowns available. The reason I ask is that I would like to be able to create a second one which would show the playlist queue.
foobar2000 only has a single active playlist internally. A second instance of the playlists dropdown toolbar would not mysteriously remove this limitation.

Reply #71
foobar2000 only has a single active playlist internally. A second instance of the playlists dropdown toolbar would not mysteriously remove this limitation.
  ah nuts, oh well - a bit off topic but would it be possible to view the length of the queue through a separate plugin if one was made?

Reply #72
http://eolindel.free.fr/images/bugpdrop/

I will put my layout in some minutes 

I'm using XP SP2
http://eolindel.free.fr/images/bugpdrop/bugpdrop4.gif
Thank you for your effort, Bachi-Bouzouk! Unfortunately, I've tried (and tried.... and tried..... and trieeeeed....) to reproduce the problem, but once again - without success. I've tried with different layouts/plugins/panels, with/without windows themes...

My plugin is just a standard Windows Control, it doesn't do anything special. I don't use any special code to show/hide/paint dropdown list - it's the task of Windows! I've fixed one (possible) problem with '1px dropdown list' that musicmusic suggested, but it was before the first release...

Could you please upload somewhere your whole foobar2000 directory, with all your installed plugins and configuration that causes the problem (moderators - I don't know if it is allowed --> TOS??).

* Playlist button. See image below. (...)
  • List dividers - do you mean something like this?
    ah nuts, oh well - a bit off topic but would it be possible to view the length of the queue through a separate plugin if one was made?[/quote]Yes, that would be possible with separate plugin (maybe some addition to
Track Info?...) I used Playlist Switcher + Playback Queue Viewer for this (the size of 'Queue' playlist was shown on PS panel).

Reply #73
Yea, dividers like that, almost anyway. Not between every entery though, and a lot more space between. I'm going to use them to separate groups of playlists. Here is what I was thinking.

Reply #74
Ahh, I see... I like this idea, and I thought about it, but there are some problems. For example, where would you like to store the information about position of each divider?... In my plugin itself?... If so, then what would happen if you changed the order of playlists in other plugin (like Playlist Switcher). What would happen with the dividers if the dropdown list was sorted?... You see, 'native' support for dividers (or grouping playlists in general) would require implementation in core (or other plugin).

I can see 2 solutions for now, perhaps someone has some better ideas:
  • Use playlists with special names (e.g. '-----' would be the name for 'divider-playlist'). They would show on the list as dividers (this is simple to implement but not very elegant --> sorting?).
  • 'Assign' dividers to certain playlists. This is also kind of 'work-around', but more elegant (e.g. there is no need to create new playlists). However, it introduces some more problems, mostly related to the fact that in foobar2000 (SDK), list of playlists is just an array, AFAIK playlists don't have any unique-id. I would have to watch for any changes in this list (I do it anyway, but what if someone closes my plugin and then rearranges the list of playlists?...).