Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Divx 7 (Read 19817 times) previous topic - next topic

Divx 7

http://www.divx.com/
We're now introducing the next generation of DivX technology with DivX 7 — our new software that lets you create and play full HD H.264 (MKV) videos. H.264 is a new standard that is poised to power the high definition video revolution by offering incredible visual quality, performance and efficiency. DivX 7 gives you all the tools you need to take full advantage of H.264 for a truly cinematic video experience.

http://www.divx.com/en/aac

Divx 7

Reply #1
I think it is odd that they refer to MKV extensively without actually saying what it is. I know and you know, but people not familiar with the container format are left in the dark.

Also they say:

"With DivX® Pro 7 software, we optimized the file container so you can create new DivX Plus™ HD videos with the .mkv extension ..."

Does this mean it is different from a "regular" Matroska file?
--
Eric

Divx 7

Reply #2
I've heard that DivX was actually good at handling HD content, though this was for an earlier version, and I've never personally tested it.

Divx 7

Reply #3
If you mean the older MPEG4 ASP codec, I don't know if that has any bearing as to the quality of their AVC codec

Divx 7

Reply #4
afaik (and i didn't test) is some sort of a subset of mainconcept AVC encoder.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Divx 7

Reply #5
Why would they go with mkv instead of mp4?

Divx 7

Reply #6

dunno with them, but for mine here is my reason
VFR

Divx 7

Reply #7

because they learned that is the warez market that dominates the world?
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung