Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 412554 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #75
I don't allow foobar to change my files at all.
That's pretty clean opinion :). I am not really upset, just can't understand why you (and other people) asking about that. It's not really so hard to add that feature. If you don't want to mass-import-through-database-and-reformat-on-the-fly-with-scrolling-preview for example, it won't be too difficult to implement (but you still must inform me what exactly you want). And sure there's something I can do, but I don't promice to make it too fast, runnig out of time...
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #76
I was hoping to be able to display the file in the foo_uie_lyrics window or perhaps foo_lyricshow.  That would require the file to be saved with a .lrc extension.  From what I see, foo_uie_lyrics only accepts .lrc or .lrc8, but foo_lyricshow allows one to set the file type.

You make a good point about mass import.  It would be better to be able to pull lyrics in for sets of files. 

It probably isn't worth the trouble to add the save to file feature if it cannot do mass import/saves.  Thanks for listening though

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #77
I was hoping to be able to display the file in the foo_uie_lyrics window or perhaps foo_lyricshow.  That would require the file to be saved with a .lrc extension.  From what I see, foo_uie_lyrics only accepts .lrc or .lrc8, but foo_lyricshow allows one to set the file type.

You make a good point about mass import.  It would be better to be able to pull lyrics in for sets of files. 

It probably isn't worth the trouble to add the save to file feature if it cannot do mass import/saves.  Thanks for listening though
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=340808"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually that is not entirely correct. lyricshow and uie_lyrics can read both files and the embedded lyric tag (though I was never able to make uie_lyrics read .lrc files properly). I use both plugins for reading the lyric tag.
The lyric tag is a much cleaner solution IMO and I believe that not changing tags in the files is a paradigm IMO, of course. I'm sure you have your reasons... 

What I don't understand is you comment on the foobar DB. If you have the lyrics embedded in the files you don't need the foobar DB to remeber them at all. Even if you loose the foobar DB it wouldn't be a problem I think...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #78
betas seemd to be stable, so 0.0.5 released, same url, same everything.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #79
Actually that is not entirely correct. lyricshow and uie_lyrics can read both files and the embedded lyric tag (though I was never able to make uie_lyrics read .lrc files properly). I use both plugins for reading the lyric tag.
The lyric tag is a much cleaner solution IMO and I believe that not changing tags in the files is a paradigm IMO, of course. I'm sure you have your reasons... 

What I don't understand is you comment on the foobar DB. If you have the lyrics embedded in the files you don't need the foobar DB to remeber them at all. Even if you loose the foobar DB it wouldn't be a problem I think...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=340815"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I did know that the plugins could read both tags and files, I was only speaking about the files though.

The reason why I do not want to tag is because of the foo_playcount plugin.  Foo_playcount has a "DB Only Mask" option, which keeps the plugin from writing PLAY_COUNTER, LAST_PLAYED, etc.  It will write these tags if another type of tag is changed, added or deleted in foobar.  This means that when foo_lyricsdb writes the lyric tag, foo_playcount will now write its tags, which had previously been stored only in the database.

I do not want to save the foo_playcount tags in my files, but I do want to see that info in fb2k (it's useful for hotness).  The only way for me to keep these tags from being written to the files is to activate the "Block tag update operations" option in the Database.  This will mean that if the database is lost for some reason, then the lyrics would be too.

That's why I would prefer having them in file format, as opposed to tags.

I have tested this out, so I know that is how it works.

As I said to dug earlier, if he doesn't want to add the option to save to files or tags, I would not have a problem.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #80
The reason why I do not want to tag is because of the foo_playcount plugin.  Foo_playcount has a "DB Only Mask" option, which keeps the plugin from writing PLAY_COUNTER, LAST_PLAYED, etc.

May be it's more about foo_playcount rather than about foo_lyricsdb?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #81
The reason why I do not want to tag is because of the foo_playcount plugin. Foo_playcount has a "DB Only Mask" option, which keeps the plugin from writing PLAY_COUNTER, LAST_PLAYED, etc. It will write these tags if another type of tag is changed, added or deleted in foobar. This means that when foo_lyricsdb writes the lyric tag, foo_playcount will now write its tags, which had previously been stored only in the database.

I understand. So why don't you use the sqlite version of foo_playcount? Instead of writing this info in the files tags it writes to a sqlite database.
I've been using it for some time now and it works flawlessly. Setting up the db is easy and straightforward. The solution is also lightweight.

Take a look here:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....90&#entry276290

hope this helps.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #82
I thought about that as an alternative.  When I did some searching for it yesterday, I could not find an active link.  The link through the thread you give is also dead.  I found kode54's current website, and the plugin isn't listed.

I wonder if he stopped developing it, as the foo_playcount plugin has changed so much with kl33per taking over development.  Another problem is that the tagz are different.  I don't think I want to take the time to redo everything.

I am going to have to rethink what I want to do.  Thanks for the help.  And sorry if this thread got a little sidetracked....I didn't mean for it to happen.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #83
the database crossed 50'000 mark!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #84
I just want to say Dug that i LOVE your plugin... but you do you think you will ever be supporting any sort of timestamped lyrics anytime? beacuse i've timestamp'd TONS of albums and would love to be uploading them.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #85
Great thanks for this plugin  Top notch, indeed.
I wasn't able to discern from postings and documents on your site, if complain
feature is already working. I wanted to complain on some wrong lyrics and strange quotes, in them, but i couldn't. Is it still in development? I was wondering since i saw on another lyric that there WAS 1 complain, as if it was already possible.

thx in advance

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #86
I just want to say Dug that i LOVE your plugin... but you do you think you will ever be supporting any sort of timestamped lyrics anytime? beacuse i've timestamp'd TONS of albums and would love to be uploading them.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=343232"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can upload them, but timestamp will be removed.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #87
feature is already working. I wanted to complain on some wrong lyrics and strange quotes, in them, but i couldn't. Is it still in development? I was wondering since i saw on another lyric that there WAS 1 complain, as if it was already possible.

thx in advance
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=343321"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, you can file a complaint on the site, but I'm not sure if this is only available to logged on users.

I think dug is currently working to enhance this feature: in the future it should be possible to post a comment with each complaint.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #88

thx in advance
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=343321"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, you can file a complaint on the site, but I'm not sure if this is only available to logged on users.

I think dug is currently working to enhance this feature: in the future it should be possible to post a comment with each complaint.

Alessandro
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=343704"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, indeed, I noticed it works. But, when i click on complain, it always re-refreshes the site, ad infintium  After i stopped it and rechecked, entry had mark "complaints 1" or similar.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #89
Hi dug, I have a question:

Is there any way to query the database to retrieve all lyrics uploaded by a particular user? I want to check if the ones I uploaded are ok.

Also, I was testing the manage lyrics option and tried to delete one version of a lyric that has 4 versions uploaded to the database (I checked and the one that I was trying to delete is already in the database), however instead of deleting it the system just freezes the lyric.
Maybe it is something related to my user permissions, but since I'm not sure I decided to report anyway...

The lyrics are here:

http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/cgi-bin/manage....cgi?lyid=48598

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #90
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=343232"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I really just don't like the idea of timestamped lyrics, may be it could be possible to save timestamps and optionally kill them on the fly for some users, and leave for others... but later...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #91
I wanted to complain....
You can now! Now complains have short descriotion, where you can say what you don't like about that lyrics, thax for reminding about that, and thanx for collaboration too.
p.s. i killed almost all complaits (i think 99% of them were just test) part of complaints i've fixed... so since now it should be really comfortable feature to maintain lyrics (stuff for the staff).

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #92
Is there any way to query the database to retrieve all lyrics uploaded by a particular user? I want to check if the ones I uploaded are ok.

not yet. i'll add "my lyrics" link to the user interface, this feature already been requesting, and i remmeber by who ;)
Also, I was testing the manage lyrics option and tried to delete one version of a lyric that has 4 versions uploaded to the database (I checked and the one that I was trying to delete is already in the database), however instead of deleting it the system just freezes the lyric.
Maybe it is something related to my user permissions...

yep, thats question of permissions. low-level users only can freaze lyrics. actually it is almost equal to the deletion: frozen lyrics can't be retrieved by the plugin and... i think... by the anonymous web-interface :)

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #93
ok. thanks a bunch for the information and for putting this database up.
I must say that I've been searching forever for a clean and easy solution to manage lyrics in my audio library and your lyricsDB is by far the best solution available.

My hat is off to you sir. 

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #94
Small bug in the webface, if I set the session expire time to 0 and click save the checkbox for 'Hide letters on top of page' will be checked even if I unchecked it.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #95
Hi dug. Does you database support the album artist tag?

In simple terms this tag is used to denote the artist of a tribute album that has songs recorded by several other artists.

It would be interesting for the plugin to have an option to look for this tag before uploading content to the db. If this tag is found it should upload/download the lyrics related to the string in the album artist tag and not in the artist tag.

I hope my explanation is clear for you....  Do you think that this is possible?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #96
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=344757"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
just don't think, that it worth complicating plugin...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #97
first beta for 0.0.6 is out, there
only one thing is new - proxy support. And a little (very) bug, fixed, thanks to Anas.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #98
forgotten to inform you. I've added "my lyrics" to the web-interface, so you can check  lyrics, you have exported to the database.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #99
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=344757"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
just don't think, that it worth complicating plugin...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347285"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe you're right. It's not that essential....