Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mp3infp v2.52f with Musepack support (Read 10771 times) previous topic - next topic

mp3infp v2.52f with Musepack support

mp3infp is a Windows Explorer extension for viewing/editing tags in a number of different audio file formats.  Someone had asked if it could be hacked to support Musepack files and that's what this version is.

Using this, you can get a configurable Infotip window that shows information from the tag as well as some information about the stream, like the stream version, encoding profile used, average bitrate and more.  (Thanks to libmpcdec!)  It uses the settings from the MP3 page of the control panel applet.

It can be downloaded [a href='index.php?showtopic=45921']here.[/a]

Reply #1
mp3infp is a Windows Explorer extension for viewing/editing tags in a number of different audio file formats.  Someone had asked if it could be hacked to support Musepack files and that's what this version is.

Using this, you can get a configurable Infotip window that shows information from the tag as well as some information about the stream, like the stream version, encoding profile used, average bitrate and more.  (Thanks to libmpcdec!)  It uses the settings from the MP3 page of the control panel applet.

Nice, thank you. But what sort of tags does it write, apev2?

Reply #2

Nice, thank you. But what sort of tags does it write, apev2?

It will read/write ID3v1, APEv2 and ID3v2.  (I would not add an ID3v2 tag to an MPC file, but I included support for those tags so they could be removed if they already exist.)

Reply #3
Someone had asked if it could be hacked to support Musepack files and that's what this version is.

I would not add an ID3v2 tag to an MPC file, but I included support for those tags so they could be removed if they already exist.

Thank you man!
I didn't believe that you will do it so fast (as you promised).
The good hackers are back

Reply #4
Thank you man!
I didn't believe that you will do it so fast (as you promised).
The good hackers are back

Thanks, but most of the credit should go to the people over at musepack.net.  Without libmpcdec, it would never have been so easy or gotten done so fast.

Reply #5
I wanted to add a small note about the average bitrate reported by this altered version of mp3infp.

If your MPC file includes any tags at the end of the file besides APEv2 or ID3v1(.1) tags, the average bitrate will not be accurate.  I don't know if anyone is using other tag formats besides these two, but if you are then don't rely on the average bitrate reported.