Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Closing listening-tests.info (Read 78400 times) previous topic - next topic

Closing listening-tests.info

Reply #25
Sebastian, probably the email address should be fixed on the pages where the following exists:

"If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via e-mail: mail [at] listening-tests [dot] info."

Should I change it to something like: "If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the Listening Tests forum at the hydrogenaudio.org site." or would you like to provide another mail address?

You're right. You can use a link to Hydrogenaudio. Thanks!

Reply #26
I added Roberto's site from the Wayback Machine to listeningtests.t35.com. I had to fix a lot of links and some other things, but I think the site is now pretty complete and works correctly. I tried to not change any of the contents. The individal test participants' comments are not yet included as separate files (I'll try to add them later), but the comments are available in the rar packages. Only the "dial-up" results are missing a couple of image files that were not available. Also the actual test files (samples & configurations) are not included.

I have all reference samples from Roberto's tests in a lossless format (46 samples, 105 MB) in case someone would like to host them (t35.com has a 1 MB file size limit).

I hope Roberto will approve my preservation work. I understood from Sebastian's reply in this thread that Roberto is seeking a new home for the archived test site. (I didn't try to send him a PM. He was last active here in November 2008.)

In addition, I created a new homepage that provides links to Sebastian's and Roberto's test sites. I handled the mail address issues by explaining the situation on the homepage and providing a link to HA.

As I said before, it is possible to add new tests in the future. The homepage can be made better and expanded. Pages of additional stuff like testing instructions can be added.

http://listeningtests.t35.com

Reply #27
I have now uploaded the 2725 individual result files that the participants created for Roberto's tests. Two of the seven tests had the results files in the xml format. I needed to process the xml files (to txt) and fix all folder links before they were ready.

Reply #29
t35.com seems to be down at the moment.   

They have a pretty good reputation though (as a free hosting service).

As a quick workaround, I created a mirror here: http://listening-tests.freetzi.com
(freetzi.com is one of the available names at www.freewebhostingarea.com)

Let's see how this turns out. Please report if the http://listeningtests.t35.com address works for you.

Reply #30
Status report:

listeningtests.t35.com works again.

The main site www.t35.com is still down or overloaded because there is now too much traffic.

Reply #31
listening-tests.info is down as you can see. Would be nice if Garf or some other admin could create a mirror here on HA. What I forgot to mention is that the mean traffic is about 200 MB per month, so not that much.

For people who are organizing tests, expect peaks of several GB per month when you announce the results of a test. My last test results generated about 10 GB traffic per month for 3 months.

Reply #32
R.I.P. listening-tests.info 

At least both new addresses seem to work fine now. The T35 problem might have been a temporary hiccup, perhaps a problem in the international connections. I can't see any posts about the downtime in their user forum.

Reply #33
Thank you very much for preserving valuable information.

Reply #35
Hooray! Thanks, Garf.