Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Question about non-codec listening tests and TOS#9 (Read 3338 times) previous topic - next topic

Question about non-codec listening tests and TOS#9

TOS #9 says:
Properly cited short music clips (no longer than necessary and under 30 seconds) for codec testing purposes are allowed.
I am thinking about doing a listening test of dynamic range compression and uploading a sample to give others a chance to reproduce it.
But I am not sure if this is allowed here. The sample I am going to use is not in public domain (but won't be longer than necessary and less than even 20 seconds) and the rules say specifically about codec testing purposes, but this is not going to be a codec comparison — this will be a comparison between an original version of the record and dynamically compressed version. So I am not sure if this is allowed here.
Please clarify this.
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed