Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DSP and Menu questions (Read 2040 times) previous topic - next topic

DSP and Menu questions

I am currently working on a DSP component for FB2K.  The DSP interface seems to be working fine.  Now I am trying to add some convenience menus or menu items so that the user does not need to go to Preferences > Playback > DSP Manager, etc.  (That's a lot of steps.)  When holding Shift, I see a couple nice menu items for getting directly to the DSP prefs and changing the Output device.

1) Is it possible to add a menu item to the Playback menu > DSP settings' submenu?  Seemingly that would be the place for all DSPs to attach their extras.  If not, should "DSP settings" be a command menu item labeled "DSP Manager" instead that carrys out the command of the submenu's Preferences item?

2) Is it possible to add to the Playback > Device submenu?  My component will be sending audio to one or more remote devices.  The Device submenu seems like a decent place to add the list of remote devices as a group and allow selection / deselection.

3) I'm trying to make a menu group that is populated dynamically by the remote devices found on the local network.  It appears that mainmenu_commands is only queried once when a menu is opened for its length.  So if a device appeared or disappeared, I seemingly could not update the menu group live; I would need to wait until the menu was reopened.  Does the mainmenu_commands_v2 add this capability?  I can't seem to make much sense of the difference or how to create mainmenu_node instances correctly.

DSP and Menu questions

Reply #1
the Playback menu > DSP settings' submenu?  Seemingly that would be the place for all DSPs to attach their extras.

This menu contains all "DSP chain presets".