Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cuesheet Processor (CueProc) (Read 84688 times) previous topic - next topic

Cuesheet Processor (CueProc)

Reply #75
Excellent news!    Thank you very much, Nyaochi. I've been waiting for this for a while and my patience has finally paid off.

Unfortunately, I cannot test the new version until the weekend, but I will post updates as soon as I do so.

Once again, Nyaochi, thank you very much.

Reply #76
Hi Nyaochi. Sorry about this huge delay. I unfortunately decided to stick to LAME as most of my devices play MP3s and not all of them play AACs. Hence, I am afraid that I may not have any useful feedback as far as the new features are concerned.

However, thank you once again for this excellent utility. Keep up the great work! 

Reply #77
Hi there, I've been using Cueproc to break up wav files of interviews, it's been really handy, thanks for the great program!

I have been having a bit of a problem with cue files though, the specifications I have come across have been a bit vague re Index 00 and index 01.

What i would like to do is instead of having exact cuts, I would like to add 1 sec to the start and end of each mp3, to create a slight overlap which will mean if the gap is quite narrow then nothing is cut off.  Does anyone know how to do this?

I currently use just one index entry per track to cut the track where required.

Thanks for any help!

Stuart

Reply #78
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use getaudio.exe to extract short samples (10s~30s each) from my wavpack images.  What's the right command line to do this?  I know it starts with "getaudio --begin 00:00:00 --end 00:10:00 floyd.wv" (for example), but what's after that?

I also can't get cueproc to work on this new computer, or I would just copy the command line from it.  If I use:  cueproc -c wave -o "$TITLE" floyd.cue

I get the error:  CueProc: floyd.cue [01/10]
WARNING: No suitable input class found for track #1, C:\store\cueproc\win32bin\floyd.wv (repeated for track 2, track 3 etc.)

If I use:  cueproc -c wave -o "$TITLE" floyd.wv (i.e. change floyd.cue to floyd.wv)
I get:  WARNING: Failed to open a target, floyd.wv

I guess my command line is wrong?  I haven't used cueproc for a while.  I know that the floyd.wv file is OK because I can use getaudio.exe to make a 10s mp3 file, but that's not what I want...

Thanks,
Stephen

Reply #79
Whenever I've had the 'no suitable input class found' error it was because I had the wrong file name in the cuesheet. Typically I had the wave version listed in the cuesheet even though the file was compressed, or vice versa.

I.e. do you have the file listed as 'floyd.wav' in the cuesheet even though it's now a wavpack file?

Reply #80
Hi Deep_Elem,

The cuesheet has the line: FILE "floyd.wv" WAVE.  It should point to the right file.

Could you do me a favour and run cueproc to output .wav files, and tell me what the second half of the getaudio.exe command line is?

Thanks

Edit:  Don't worry, it works fine on this computer.  I need to add " > .\floyd_clip.wav" to the end of getaudio.  I probably should have tried it again before posting...

Reply #81
What i would like to do is instead of having exact cuts, I would like to add 1 sec to the start and end of each mp3, to create a slight overlap which will mean if the gap is quite narrow then nothing is cut off.  Does anyone know how to do this?

It's impossible to achieve this by modifying cuesheets. This should be dealt with by modifying the CueProc source code. In cueproc.py, the following line generates the command-line for extracting an audio stream of a track:
Code: [Select]
        # Obtain the command-line for extracting the source audio.
        incmdln = inobj.get_cmdln_track(track, outobj.is_utf8)

Here, track.begin and track.end store the start time and end time of the track in string format. You can modify the start time and end time just before this line. It would be good if CueProc had the scalability to achieve this. But currently, modifying the source code is the easiest approach to achieve what you want.

Edit:  Don't worry, it works fine on this computer.  I need to add " > .\floyd_clip.wav" to the end of getaudio.  I probably should have tried it again before posting...

FYI, this is how CueProc invokes getaudio.exe:
1) getaudio.exe [--begin START_TIME] [--end END_TIME] AUDIO_FILE
2) getaudio.exe --test AUDIO_FILE
3) getaudio.exe --tag AUDIO_FILE

The syntax 1) extracts an audio stream (in the specified period) in AUDIO_FILE to STDIN in WAVE format. The syntax 2) checks if AUDIO_FILE is supported by getaudio.exe. The syntax 3) outputs meta-information in AUDIO_FILE to STDIN.

Reply #82
Thanks For responding, Nyaochi,
                                                I'm sure you know best and I am just going to look like an idiot, but would it be easier to change in cuesheet.py here?

# Assign begin
        if i == 1 and pregap and cs[i].indexes.has_key(0):
            track.begin = cs[i].indexes[0]
        elif cs[i].indexes.has_key(1):
            track.begin = cs[i].indexes[1]
        # Assign end
        if i != len(cs) - 1:
            if cs[i].filename == cs[i+1].filename:
                if delgap and cs[i+1].indexes.has_key(0):
                    track.end = cs[i+1].indexes[0]
                else:
                    track.end = cs[i+1].indexes[1]

Also how does CueProc handles times so I know how to adjust?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Stuart.

[quote name='nyaochi' date='Jun 21 2008, 02:23' post='572315']
[quote name='stuarticus' post='571537' date='Jun 17 2008, 21:14']
[/quote]
It's impossible to achieve this by modifying cuesheets. This should be dealt with by modifying the CueProc source code. In cueproc.py, the following line generates the command-line for extracting an audio stream of a track:
        # Obtain the command-line for extracting the source audio.
        incmdln = inobj.get_cmdln_track(track, outobj.is_utf8)

Reply #83
Hi Nyaochi, I am still no closer to solving this (I am not a very experienced Python user) am I right in thinking that the track.begin is held as a string? Does this make it difficult to change?

This functionality would be very useful to our project, could you make the modification for a fee, if necessary?

Anyone else with any Python advice that can be help I would also be pleased to hear from.

Cheers, Stuart.

Reply #84
Nyaochi,

I just wanted to say thanks for developing this program. It's really working great for me.

Reply #85
Hi, thanks for the great program!

There are a couple of bugs I've noticed:
There's at least one place in the code where you've put 'condidions'
instead of 'conditions', which causes python to bomb.
If I try to run the source python, I'm missing a dependency on the
eyed3 module.  Is that something you could include?

Also, I'd really like the command-line option to run a script/program
on the output directory when the processing is complete.  In my case,
I'd like to run mp3gain on the mp3 files.

Reply #86
It's been a really long time, so I'm hoping this gets seen by the right people.

My operating system of choice has been Mac OS X (10.5 and 10.6) for quite some time now.  But I've kept a Windows XP machine around to handle the bulk of my audio processing needs.  Unfortunately the aging machine is reaching its end of days and I'd like to move my entire setup to OS X.  So far XLD has been proven itself as a fairly capable replacement for ExactAudioCopy.  Along with full-disc ripping and cuesheet embedding, it even includes several transcoding options for various formats.  But I've found it doesn't come close to providing the level of flexibility implemented by CueProc.

Being written in Python, it was trivial to get CueProc 1.10 running under OS X.  Or so I thought.  The main problem is the reliance on the "getaudio.exe" precompiled binary: CueProc's primary method of extracting audio from the source location in order to transcode it.  Since the source code for this executable was not included in the releases, there's no straightforward way to get this part of the processing up and running on other operating systems. 

Before I start venturing down other avenues (virtual machines, Boot Camp, implementing a replacement from scratch), I figured it was worth asking:
  • Is the source code to getaudio.exe available in any form?
  • If so, has someone compiled a working binary for OS X?
  • Failing the above, can someone suggest an equivalent program for implementing its functionality in relation to CueProc

Thanks in advance.

Re: Cuesheet Processor (CueProc)

Reply #88
where can i get cueproc 1.10 from?
http://nyaochi.sakura.ne.jp/software/cueproc/ is not working.

Thanks
D

Looks like a command line tool that has completely disappeared off the web.  The Wayback Machine has no archived copies of this but the site itself is archived.

There's plenty of applications that can parse and do what cueproc does all with a nicer, easier to use GUI.

Reply #90

Thanks
D

Looks like a command line tool that has completely disappeared off the web.  The Wayback Machine has no archived copies of this but the site itself is archived.

There's plenty of applications that can parse and do what cueproc does all with a nicer, easier to use GUI.

Thanks. Can food are process a directory tree of cuefiles?

Reply #91

Thanks
D

Thanks. Can food are process a directory tree of cuefiles?

I meant foo as in foobar2000

Reply #92
I had a copy lying around:
https://mega.nz/#!wuBHGA6Y!PB1tGbc157lWb-0D1Nakz5ucfxPMA6aVeiTKUCUbajE

You shouldn't trust binaries from internet strangers, etc...

Offline, if someone still have a copy of cueproc can upload it?

Thanks