Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cuesheet Processor (CueProc) (Read 84687 times) previous topic - next topic

Cuesheet Processor (CueProc)

Reply #50
I agree whtn madxcream. That'd be a nice feature.
Overall, I find cueproc more reliable than foobar's covert tools. I'd like to use cueproc, but I need the cover art processing working for that.

I also got simiar error to coffeebucket when trying to create a list of cue files.

Reply #51
CueProc 1.9 was out.
- Encoder 'lame_nyaochi' was removed to replace 'lame' codec. The 'lame' encoder now supports albumart images. This change was made because my patch has been merged to the lame CVS.
- New option, --albumart-action, to configure the action when albumart images are detected. CueProc now supports 'copy' action, which copies albumart images to the output directory.
- Bug-fix for --find action

Note that CueProc 1.9 requires LAME 3.97 with my patch applied, LAME 3.98b3, or later for lame encoding.

madxcream and urlwolf,
Thank you for the suggestion. Please add "--albumart-action copy" to the cueproc command-line.

coffeebucket,
Sorry for the late action for this problem. I also confirmed that "cueproc --find" did not work with filenames with Japanese characters. I hope this version will sort out your problem at last.

Reply #52
Thanks for the update, nyaochi.

One question though.

I have some cue files that cueProc doesn't understand.
They have INDEX 02, I think this is the only common factor.

Any idea why this happens?

Thanks

Reply #53
Hi Nyaochi,

Thanks for the cueproc. Question: when I run the cueproc 1.9 with a cuesheet pointing at an APE file. It said "WARNING: No suitable input class found for track #xx". I check with "cueproc -l". It doesn't list APE. However, I saw it on the webpage that it supports APE. Does cueproc really support APE? I ran the same cuesheet/ape with ACDIR and it experiences no problem. However, I would like to use cueproc since it seems that it has better support of UTF8 file name....

Lawrence

Reply #54

I added INDEX 02 to my chesheet file, but CueProc worked fine. One possibility is that the tracks do not have INDEX 01 but only INDEX 02. CueProc requires INDEX 01 to exist in all tracks.

Thanks for the cueproc. Question: when I run the cueproc 1.9 with a cuesheet pointing at an APE file. It said "WARNING: No suitable input class found for track #xx". I check with "cueproc -l". It doesn't list APE. However, I saw it on the webpage that it supports APE. Does cueproc really support APE? I ran the same cuesheet/ape with ACDIR and it experiences no problem. However, I would like to use cueproc since it seems that it has better support of UTF8 file name....

Yes, it does support APE files. I confirmed the compatilibity with Monkey's Audio 3.99F.

Please try:
getaudio --test CDImage.ape
If this command outputs "TEST OK", CueProc should handle the APE file.

Reply #55

I added INDEX 02 to my chesheet file, but CueProc worked fine. One possibility is that the tracks do not have INDEX 01 but only INDEX 02. CueProc requires INDEX 01 to exist in all tracks.

Yes, it does support APE files. I confirmed the compatilibity with Monkey's Audio 3.99F.

Please try:
getaudio --test CDImage.ape
If this command outputs "TEST OK", CueProc should handle the APE file.

Thanks for your response. I ran that and I got "TEST OK". I became suspicious  that it might be some other reason:

I ran it with:

cueproc -c lame --target o.txt

where o.txt's contect is "?·?·??\CDImage.cue". (note: there are some Traditional Chinese character between the first " and \). It still gives me the same error. Anyway, I renamed the directory and changed o.txt to "fayewong\CDImage.cue". It ran partially success wheres the program jumped to lots of command line trying to invoke lame. (It still fail because the all the --tt --ta were messy international characters and my lame doesn't support --tv option.). Now, I think the cueproc couldn't support the traditional Chinese character. I am curious to know if the cueproc supports Japanese character since I guess you are from Japan...

Reply #56
Do you use Windows on traditional Chinese locale? Otherwise, CueProc cannot deal with Chinese characters correctly.

There's no language specific routine in CueProc. It just converts everything from the Windows default codepage to UTF-8 for the internal representation, and coverts back to the Windows default codepage when invoking external encoders. I don't favor any language.

Reply #57
Do you use Windows on traditional Chinese locale? Otherwise, CueProc cannot deal with Chinese characters correctly.

There's no language specific routine in CueProc. It just converts everything from the Windows default codepage to UTF-8 for the internal representation, and coverts back to the Windows default codepage when invoking external encoders. I don't favor any language.

Yes, I do. I have the "Control Panel"->"Regional and Langauge Options"->Advanced->Language for Non-Unicode Program set to Chinese(Taiwan). When I do a "dir", I can see those Traditional Chinese character without any problem. I can also use foobar2000 to play the UTF8 cuesheet without problem (under Traditional Chinese directory). I understand that Windows store those directory name in Unicode. Do you think the reason is the code page convert between Traditional Chinese (big5) & Unicode?

Reply #58

Then, I don't really know What is causing the problem... Here is one .cue that doesn't work:

CATALOG 0028941537126
PERFORMER "Bartok, Bela"
TITLE "Piano Concertos N° 1 and 2"
FILE "Range.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "N° 1  - I. Allegro moderato - Allegro"
    PERFORMER "Bartok, Bela"
    ISRC DEF057701540
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:00:33
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "N° 1  - II. Andante - Allegro - attacca -"
    PERFORMER "Bartok, Bela"
    ISRC DEF057701540
    INDEX 00 09:06:20
    INDEX 01 09:06:70
    INDEX 02 16:47:43
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "N° 1  - III. Allegro molto"
    PERFORMER "Bartok, Bela"
    ISRC DEF057701540
    INDEX 01 16:58:68
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "N° 2  - I. Allegro"
    PERFORMER "Bartok, Bela"
    ISRC DEF057701550
    INDEX 00 23:21:33
    INDEX 01 23:29:58
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "N° 2  - II. Adagio - Presto - Adagio"
    PERFORMER "Bartok, Bela"
    ISRC DEF057701550
    INDEX 00 33:06:70
    INDEX 01 33:09:33
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "N° 2  - III. Allegro molto - Presto"
    PERFORMER "Bartok, Bela"
    ISRC DEF057701550
    INDEX 00 44:54:33
    INDEX 01 44:57:70

thanks

Reply #59

Yes, I do. I have the "Control Panel"->"Regional and Langauge Options"->Advanced->Language for Non-Unicode Program set to Chinese(Taiwan). When I do a "dir", I can see those Traditional Chinese character without any problem. I can also use foobar2000 to play the UTF8 cuesheet without problem (under Traditional Chinese directory). I understand that Windows store those directory name in Unicode. Do you think the reason is the code page convert between Traditional Chinese (big5) & Unicode?

I did some more study. I download your "lame" and did:

cd xxxx                    <- where xxxx is the Traditional Chinese character subdirectory
cueenc -w utf8 -c lame CDImage.cue

it still gave me:

WARNING: No suitable input class found for track #1, G:\xxxx\CDImage.ape

I suspect the error is caused by getaudio....

Reply #60
Yet another cue file that doesn't get converted.
Foobar cannot open it either. It has unicode chars, but that should not be a problem, right?

REM GENRE Symphony
REM DATE 2006
REM DISCID 370F6A04
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b4"
CATALOG 7318599916163
PERFORMER "Beethoven"
TITLE "Symphony 9 Vänskä Minnesota Orchestra BIS 1616"
FILE "Beethoven Symphony 9 Vänskä Minnesota Orchestra BIS 1616.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Symphony no. 9 - I. Allegro ma non troppo e un poco maestoso"
    PERFORMER "Beethoven"
    ISRC SEAEQ0616010
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Symphony no. 9 - II. Molto vivace - Presto"
    PERFORMER "Beethoven"
    ISRC SEAEQ0616020
    INDEX 01 14:52:61
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Symphony no. 9 - III. Adagio molto e cantabile - Andante cantabile"
    PERFORMER "Beethoven"
    ISRC SEAEQ0616030
    INDEX 01 28:32:12
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Symphony no. 9 - IV. Presto ..."
    PERFORMER "Beethoven"
    ISRC SEAEQ0616040
    INDEX 01 42:44:55

This is an EAC encoded file. Threre are only INDEX 01s. I'm really stumped...

Reply #61

cd xxxx                    <- where xxxx is the Traditional Chinese character subdirectory

it still gave me:

Sorry I have no idea and way to experiment your problem.

Foobar cannot open it either. It has unicode chars, but that should not be a problem, right?

I don't think CueProc can handle cuesheets that foobar cannot open. You might fix this problem with -w option, but I'm not sure.

Reply #62

REM GENRE Symphony
REM DATE 2006
REM DISCID 370F6A04
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b4"
CATALOG 7318599916163
PERFORMER "Beethoven"
TITLE "Symphony 9 Vänskä Minnesota Orchestra BIS 1616"
FILE "Beethoven Symphony 9 Vänskä Minnesota Orchestra BIS 1616.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Symphony no. 9 - I. Allegro ma non troppo e un poco maestoso"
    PERFORMER "Beethoven"
    ISRC SEAEQ0616010
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Symphony no. 9 - II. Molto vivace - Presto"
    PERFORMER "Beethoven"
    ISRC SEAEQ0616020
    INDEX 01 14:52:61
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Symphony no. 9 - III. Adagio molto e cantabile - Andante cantabile"
    PERFORMER "Beethoven"
    ISRC SEAEQ0616030
    INDEX 01 28:32:12
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Symphony no. 9 - IV. Presto ..."
    PERFORMER "Beethoven"
    ISRC SEAEQ0616040
    INDEX 01 42:44:55

This is an EAC encoded file. Threre are only INDEX 01s. I'm really stumped...

With my little experience with cueproc & foobar2000, I think your problem is caused by those international character, e.g. Vänskä. I ususally my cuesheet is saved in UTF8 format. So, say, you did that. Then, you can use:

cueenc -c lame -w utf8 yourcuesheet.cue

Reply #63

it still gave me:

Sorry I have no idea and way to experiment your problem.

nyaochi,

Thanks. Just out of curiosity: Do you run Japanese song? I remember I tried to run the Momoe Yamaguchi yesterday. The directory name is like "??????????". I still has a similar problem. If you run with Japanese directory name without any problem, can you tell me what options you are setting (-W -w)?. Maybe it can give me some hint about how to handle Chinese directory name.... Thanks.

Reply #64
Your program CueProc is very nice.

I have two issues one is a bug and the other an extension of your "find" function.

1. If there is a "REM GENRE R&B" in the cuesheet then it will never encode anything. It must be a problem with the "&" character.

2. I have many cue sheets for each rip, and would like to be able to find all *.cue files but not *.
  • .cue files.
    Can you do this.?

Reply #65
  • CueProc detects cover.jpg, albumart.jpg, or folder.jpg file as the albumart image. By default, CueProc will set ALBUMART variable if either of these files exists in the cuesheet directory. You can disable this feature by --no-auto-albumart option. CueProc does not overwrite ALBUMART variable if it is specified in the cuesheet.
  • New option, --albumart-files, to configure the list of albumart filenames.

Is it intended for --albumart-files to also utilize variable substitution the way other CueProc options do?  I have my album artwork backed up using the same base name as my albums, using the following form:

${ARTIST} - [${DATE}] ${ALBUM}.cue
${ARTIST} - [${DATE}] ${ALBUM}.flac
${ARTIST} - [${DATE}] ${ALBUM}.jpg

It would be nice to be able to combine the --albumart-files and --target options when the artwork name varies. 
If there is a way to do this, I haven't been doing it right nor have I figured out how to with CueProc 1.9

Thanks.

Reply #66
Is it intended for --albumart-files to also utilize variable substitution the way other CueProc options do?  I have my album artwork backed up using the same base name as my albums, using the following form:

Wow! This is exactly how my FLAC library is organized! I wanted to ask Nyaochi the very same question, but you beat me to it.

Nyaochi, it will be great if you implement variable substitution for album art files, which will offer a great deal of flexibility when it comes to organizing ones library.

However, thank you for all the effort. I have used this program before and I love it.

Reply #67
Thank you very much for a great tool.  I have one problem and one request.

The problem:
I am attempting to transcode using the lame plugin; however because the genre tag is not quoted, genres of "R&B", "Rock & Roll", and "Drum & Bass" will cause the process to fail.

The request:
I would like to be able to use your standard lame plugin to do the transcoding and tagging of my tracks.  Your tool works great, with one exception, identification of the "Various Artists".  I know this has been briefly touched on before, but, would it be possible to add an option to output the album artists in the band and/or a user "album artist" frame?  I realize that this can fuel the whole ragging debate between "BAND" versus "album artist", but the reality is that the tools I use expects to find "album artist" and pretty much ignores "BAND".

Thank you again for such a great tool.

Reply #68

Wow! This is exactly how my FLAC library is organized! I wanted to ask Nyaochi the very same question, but you beat me to it.

Nyaochi, it will be great if you implement variable substitution for album art files, which will offer a great deal of flexibility when it comes to organizing ones library.

However, thank you for all the effort. I have used this program before and I love it.

Hi Nyaochi. I am thinking of moving from MP3 to AAC and am in need of this feature very badly. This is due to the fact that the Nero AAC encoder cannot embed album art into files. We need to use the AAC tagger for this purpose which rules out the usage of the current version of CUEProc. Can you tell me whether you plan to implement this soon? Thanks.

Reply #69
Hi all,

After the long silence, I'm going to release an update of CueProc within a few weeks (in mid of Feb). I would like to include your as many requests from users as possible because I may not release CueProc so often. I do appreciate your suggestions and bug reports before the next release.

These are the issues to be addressed in the next release:
  • Quote '&', '<', '>', '|' characters.
  • Investigate the problem when a variable used for directory names contains "." or ".."
  • Handle UTF-8 BOM sequences properly.
  • Support albumart images for MP4/AAC files.
  • Assume *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.png, *.gif as albumart images for *.cue
  • Review the patch from Smyttie (Sorry for the very late reply).
1. If there is a "REM GENRE R&B" in the cuesheet then it will never encode anything. It must be a problem with the "&" character.

This is the worst bug in the current CueProc release. I'll fix this.

2. I have many cue sheets for each rip, and would like to be able to find all *.cue files but not *.
  • .cue files.
    Can you do this.?

No. Use grep or other programs to filter out such files.

Right. I'll support this.

I would like to be able to use your standard lame plugin to do the transcoding and tagging of my tracks.  Your tool works great, with one exception, identification of the "Various Artists".  I know this has been briefly touched on before, but, would it be possible to add an option to output the album artists in the band and/or a user "album artist" frame?  I realize that this can fuel the whole ragging debate between "BAND" versus "album artist", but the reality is that the tools I use expects to find "album artist" and pretty much ignores "BAND".

Do you want to extract album-artist values from "REM BAND" fields? Please elaborate this item if my understanding is wrong.

Hi Nyaochi. I am thinking of moving from MP3 to AAC and am in need of this feature very badly. This is due to the fact that the Nero AAC encoder cannot embed album art into files. We need to use the AAC tagger for this purpose which rules out the usage of the current version of CUEProc. Can you tell me whether you plan to implement this soon? Thanks.

I'm going to use neroAACTag.exe to attach albumart images to MP4/AAC files.

Reply #70
Moderation: removed unnecessary (massive) quote.

Wow! Thank you very much Nyaochi  . I will wait until you release the new version in February and use it then.

Reply #71

I would like to be able to use your standard lame plugin to do the transcoding and tagging of my tracks.  Your tool works great, with one exception, identification of the "Various Artists".  ... would it be possible to add an option to output the album artists in the band and/or a user "album artist" frame?  I realize that this can fuel the whole ragging debate between "BAND" versus "album artist", but the reality is that the tools I use expects to find "album artist" and pretty much ignores "BAND".

Do you want to extract album-artist values from "REM BAND" fields? Please elaborate this item if my understanding is wrong.

Nyaochi.

Thank you again for sharing this great tool.  I apologize for the length of this reply, but I do hope it provides clarity to what I am doing.

I use EAC to rip a CD into a flac image.  I then use cueproc to transcode (and split) the flac image file into individual MP3 tracks.  For a compilation album (a compilation of different artists), EAC will create the cuesheet with an album level field "PERFORMER Various Artists".  The performer of each track will be correctly identified at the track level (e.g., "PERFOMER Frank Sinatra"). 

When the album level performer is not the same as all the track level performers, cueproc will correctly identify the album as a compilation.  For a compilation, one of the things the lame plugin does is to create an additional tag in the MP3 for "BAND", setting the value of the tag to that of the cuesheet's album level "PERFOMER".

Of course, this is what the tool already does, and it works perfectly.  My problem is that in addition to outputting the cuesheet's album level "PERFORMER" field in the MP3's "BAND" tag, I would also like to create a user text tag in the MP3 called "album artist" with the same value.

I have tried various methods to create the user text tag using cueproc and the lame plugin; however, I was not successful.  Instead, I have resorted to using your cueproc and Tycho's metamp3 as a post process.  Following is an sample of the two commands:

Code: [Select]
cueproc.exe --hide-cmdln --overwrite --outputfn "${TRACKNUMBER} - ${TITLE} [${ARTIST}]" --output lame --outputopt "-V2 --vbr-new --noreplaygain --nohist" --setvar GENRE=Other "Ultra-Lounge, Vol. 5- Wild, Cool and Swingin'.flac.cue"

cueproc.exe --hide-cmdln  --overwrite --outputfn "${TRACKNUMBER} - ${TITLE} [${ARTIST}]" --output extpipe --outputcmdln "metamp3.exe --user-text ${quot}[album artist]various artists${quot} $quot${output}.mp3$quot" "Ultra-Lounge, Vol. 5- Wild, Cool and Swingin'.flac.cue"

The way you identify a compilation and all the additional actions done automatically by the lame plugin are great.  I do not want to change any of that behavior.  I "simply" would like to create an additional user text tag for "album artist".

Thank you again.
Brian

Reply #72
I released CueProc 1.10 today. The download URL has been changed due to a restructuring of my website.
http://nyaochi.sakura.ne.jp/software/cueproc/

CueProc 1.10 (2008-02-24)
  • Quote '&', '<', '>', and '|' characters in variable values when necessary.
  • Read CATALOG field in chesheet.
  • Evaluate names of albumart images as variable expressions (thanks to Smyttie).
  • Detect and ignore UTF-8 BOM sequence properly.
  • Support albumart images for FLAC, Nero MP4/AAC files.
  • Assume *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.png, *.gif as albumart candidates, given *.cue.
  • Add a MP3 plugin (lame_eyed3) that uses LAME encoder and eyeD3. This plugin can attach ID3v2.3 tags in UTF-16 encoding (thanks to HaHaHaHa).
  • Source code restructuring (thanks to HaHaHaHa).
The way you identify a compilation and all the additional actions done automatically by the lame plugin are great.  I do not want to change any of that behavior.  I "simply" would like to create an additional user text tag for "album artist".

The best way to do this is to customize the source code of CueProc for your own purpose. It's difficult to maintain the intersection of the ways in which users manage their music collections, but not so difficult to modify the source code of CueProc, which is written in Python (and Python is easy to learn). The relevant source code is src/ce_lame.py or src/ce_lame_eyed3.py. The following is the procedure to build cueproc.exe
  • Install the windows binary of Python.
  • Install py2exe, which compiles a python script to cueproc.exe
  • Install EyeD3 library.
  • Modify the source code of CueProc.
  • Compile the source code by "python setup.py py2exe"

I once wrote a plugin that uses LAME for MP3 encoding and metamp3 for MP3 tagging, but didn't release it because metamp3 did not seem to support Japanese character properly (at least when I tried before).

Reply #73
Thank you for the update and the pointer (especially the steps necessary to (re)make cueproc.exe):

After installing Python, py2exe, an getting the eyed3 module installed, I was able to accomplish what I needed by modifying ce_lame_eyed3.py by inserting one line of code:
Code: [Select]
        if track.get('ALBUMARTIST'):
            tag.setArtist(track.get('ALBUMARTIST'), eyeD3.frames.BAND_FID)
            tag.addUserTextFrame('album artist', track.get('ALBUMARTIST'))   # <--My inserted line
            self.__formattag(track, 'ALBUMARTIST')

I did a very limited test (one image) and it works great!

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your hard work.

FYI:
When recreating cueproc.exe, I get the following warning:

The following modules appear to be missing
['email.Generator', 'email.Iterators', 'email.Utils']

I could not figure out what I had done wrong; nor could I find any requirements for the email module.  I checked that the email module was installed and tried various ways of including the module, but nothing worked.  As my Python skills are extremely limited and cueproc.exe is working, I am going to ignore the error for now.

Reply #74
bsleeth,

I'm a bit surprised to see that you had achieved what you want in such a short time.    Thanks for the understanding.

When recreating cueproc.exe, I get the following warning:

The following modules appear to be missing
['email.Generator', 'email.Iterators', 'email.Utils']

Yes, I also got this warning too. I think we can simply ignore this as CueProc does not have a dependency to email module.