Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: lossyWAV 1.3.0 Delphi to C++ Translation Thread (Read 158519 times) previous topic - next topic

lossyWAV 1.3.0 Delphi to C++ Translation Thread

Reply #125
Try setting like this:
Code: [Select]
/d /c lossywav - -q standard --stdout 2>%d.log | flac - -b 512 -5 -f  -o %d --ignore-chunk-sizes

You will get log file (hopefully with some useful error messages) in the destination directory for each song.

Reply #126
Try setting like this:
Code: [Select]
/d /c lossywav - -q standard --stdout 2>%d.log | flac - -b 512 -5 -f  -o %d --ignore-chunk-sizes

You will get log file (hopefully with some useful error messages) in the destination directory for each song.

Thanks nu774. The error message I got is as follows:

%lossyWAV Error%: Input file: lossywav  - --quality standard --silent --stdout  does not exist

Can anyone make sense of it?
lossyWAV -q H | FLAC -5 ~= 480kbps
QAAC 320kbps

Reply #127
A bit stumped by this one....

Can you please confirm that flac.exe and lossyWAV.exe both exist in the "C:\Program Files\bin" directory?
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

Reply #128
I can confirm that both flac.exe and lossyWAV.exe are present in the "C:\Program Files\bin" directory. Interestingly, if I substitute 1.3.1f with the stable version (1.3.0.0), everything works without any problems. No error messages of any sort. For what it's worth, I'm using libFLAC 1.3.0.
QAAC 320kbps

Reply #129
Ok. Not sure that the libFLAC version is relevant as the foobar2000 command uses the executable rather than the DLL.

Which version is FLAC.exe?
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

Reply #130
Ok. Not sure that the libFLAC version is relevant as the foobar2000 command uses the executable rather than the DLL.

Which version is FLAC.exe?

FLAC.exe is the latest build - FLAC 1.3.0 (26 May 2013).
QAAC 320kbps

Reply #131
Can you please process a WAV file using lossyWAV on the command line?

Also, what CPU is in the PC?

Reply #132
Can you please process a WAV file using lossyWAV on the command line?

Also, what CPU is in the PC?

Strangely, it works now. I tried switching things around, using the following parameters:

/d /c C:\foobar2000\lossywav.exe - -q H --silent --stdout|C:\foobar2000\flac.exe - -b 512 -5 -f -o%d --ignore-chunk-sizes

Hopefully, this will help anyone out there experiencing the same problem. By the way, thanks a lot Nick for responding so quickly!
QAAC 320kbps

Reply #133
Glad that you managed to sort it out.

Reply #134
Glad that you managed to sort it out.

Hi Nick,

Any chance for a new beta version of LossyWAV with a new drop dead date?

Alex
QAAC 320kbps

Reply #135
Hi Alex,

Many apologies - my wife had a significant birthday on Friday and this weekend has been particularly hectic.

Nick.

lossyWAV beta 1.3.1g attached to post #1 in this thread.

Reply #136
Hi Alex,

Many apologies - my wife had a significant birthday on Friday and this weekend has been particularly hectic.

Nick.

lossyWAV beta 1.3.1g attached to post #1 in this thread.

Thanks for this, Nick. I think having a longer drop dead date like 1.3.1g does is brilliant.

By the way, congrats to you and your wife on the milestone birthday!
QAAC 320kbps

Reply #137
Thanks for this, Nick. I think having a longer drop dead date like 1.3.1g does is brilliant.

It's only two months… what's with those anyway? I'm afraid I didn't follow too closely.

Reply #138
The expiry date was introduced to limit the damage that an experimental function in a beta release would have, i.e. it would not be available indefinitely.

Reply #139
Hi
Since version 1.3.1a
I have a problem because of these parameters that I have set my foobar2000 does not work with newer versions higher than that which I have given is not unnecessarily replaced the executable file and you can not go back to the old version . I tried to make a difference in performance but still the same I jump out :

1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "D:\muzyka\Flac\Radiohead - Discography 1993-2011 [FLAC]\1997 - OK Computer\04 - Exit Music (For a Film).flac"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters) : "D:\muzyka\ass\Radiohead\OK Computer (1997)\04. Exit Music (for a Film).flac"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 48000Hz / 2ch / 16bps
  Command line: "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" /d /c  c:\"Program Files (x86)"\foobar2000\encoders\lossyWAV - --quality extraportable  --silent --stdout|c:\"Program Files (x86)"\foobar2000\encoders\flac --silent -b 512 -8 --ignore-chunk-sizes - -o "04. Exit Music (for a Film).flac"
  Working folder: D:\muzyka\ass\Radiohead\OK Computer (1997)\

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters

What could be the problem?

Reply #140
Have you downloaded the latest beta version? There is now a "drop dead" date whereby beta versions expire after a certain date. Please download the latest beta and retry.

Reply #141
Now I use the last version 1.3.1g and the problem persists I do not know what it was?
What could be wrong?
Maybe showcase me some examples of that work? Sam I do not know where it can be a problem. Once, as was set for the first time paramatry include it did not work with one - with two persons - and written with names only worked therefore I have in this example, which I handed but here it does not help I have no idea on this.

1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "D:\muzyka\Flac\Franz Ferdinand Album Discography 2004-2013 [FLAC]\Franz Ferdinand - Tonight [2009] [LIMITED] [FLAC]\CD1\05 - Twilight Omens.flac"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters) : "D:\muzyka\ass\05 - Twilight Omens.flac"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
  Command line: "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" /d /c  c:\"Program Files (x86)"\foobar2000\encoders\lossyWAV  - -q X --silent --stdout|c:\"Program Files (x86)"\foobar2000\encoders\flac --silent -b 512 -8 --ignore-chunk-sizes - -o "05 - Twilight Omens.flac"
  Working folder: D:\muzyka\ass\

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters

Edit:

Look at my parameters:

/d /c  c:\"Program Files (x86)"\foobar2000\encoders\lossyWAV  - -q X --silent --stdout|c:\"Program Files (x86)"\foobar2000\encoders\flac --silent -b 512 -8 --ignore-chunk-sizes - -o %d

Reply #142
The FLAC element of the command line is missing a " - " to tell the encoder to take input from STDIN.

Try moving the " - " to just after FLAC in your command line.

Reply #143
Nothing helps ... encoders copied to the folder foobar2000 I just change my syntax and I still have the same error ... Now the syntax looks like this:

/d /c lossyWAV - -q X --silent --stdout|flac - -b 512 -8 - -o %d --ignore-chunk-sizes

before:

/d /c lossyWAV - -q X --silent --stdout|flac -b 512 -8 --ignore-chunk-sizes -o %d
/d /c lossyWAV - -q X --silent --stdout|flac - -b 512 -8 -o %d --ignore-chunk-sizes
/d /c C:\"Program Files (x86)"\foobar2000\encoders\lossywav - -q P --silent --stdout|C:\"Program Files (x86)"\foobar2000\encoders\flac - -b 512 -5 -f -o%d --ignore-chunk-sizes

Reply #144
Nothing helps ... encoders copied to the folder foobar2000 I just change my syntax and I still have the same error ... Now the syntax looks like this:

/d /c lossyWAV - -q X --silent --stdout|flac - -b 512 -8 - -o %d --ignore-chunk-sizes

before:

/d /c lossyWAV - -q X --silent --stdout|flac -b 512 -8 --ignore-chunk-sizes -o %d
/d /c lossyWAV - -q X --silent --stdout|flac - -b 512 -8 -o %d --ignore-chunk-sizes
/d /c C:\"Program Files (x86)"\foobar2000\encoders\lossywav - -q P --silent --stdout|C:\"Program Files (x86)"\foobar2000\encoders\flac - -b 512 -5 -f -o%d --ignore-chunk-sizes

3 dashes, is that really your command line?

Reply #145

Should work if both lossyWAV and FLAC are on in "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\encoders\".

Try opening a CMD window and enter the command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\encoders\lossywav"

and post a copy of the output, please. (To copy output in a command window, right click in the window, select mark and click and drag to select the area of text you want to copy).

Reply #146
3 dashes, is that really your command line?

There should only be one single dash in the FLAC element of the command line, not two. For piped processing in foobar2000 a single dash is required in the lossyWAV element of the command line.

Reply #147

before:

I had similar problems not too long ago. Try using the following parameters:

/d /c C:\foobar2000\lossywav.exe - -q X --silent --stdout|C:\foobar2000\flac.exe - -b 512 -8 -f -o%d --ignore-chunk-sizes
QAAC 320kbps

Reply #148
In the End I managed to issue here was current path access. Although the performance of these commands through the command line with the current path "Program Files (x86)" \ foobar2000 \ encoders \ where I have other encoders. To perform but do not know why there was doing this using foobar2000. Now, I created a folder "foobar2000" on the C drive threw there encoder ect and everything works
Thanks for Your help!!! 

Reply #149
In the End I managed to issue here was current path access. Although the performance of these commands through the command line with the current path "Program Files (x86)" \ foobar2000 \ encoders \ where I have other encoders. To perform but do not know why there was doing this using foobar2000. Now, I created a folder "foobar2000" on the C drive threw there encoder ect and everything works
Thanks for Your help!!! 

Great to hear you've sorted this out. Nick: I think the Wiki needs to be updated to reflect the need for a separate foobar2000 folder on the C drive. That's the missing ingredient for making LossyWAV work - via foobar2000 at least.
QAAC 320kbps