Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to convert WavPack Files to FLAC (Read 13316 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: How to convert WavPack Files to FLAC

Reply #26
If you want the same directory structure then i strongly recommend the already suggested $directory_path(%path%)\%filename% . This much more reliable than tags. No need to do a full testrun even.
The tags might not be correct for each song, or might have unexpected output in some other way. The chance to mess up is huge.

About the flac compression. I believe your harddisk speed will be the bottleneck. So you might wanna use V5 instead of V0. Even for a test run.

Reply #27
About the flac compression. I believe your harddisk speed will be the bottleneck. So you might wanna use V5 instead of V0. Even for a test run.

Interesting! Note, this is for encoding&writing time during a test. 
For the permanent set, use -8 and leave it overnight. Encoding is done once, and -8 has same decoding CPU load but saves space.

Reply #28
It depends on your cpu and hdd speed. Also when reading and writing to the same hdd it will be slower.
I've never really tested it myself though.

Yes, i use -8 myself too. But i have never reencoded my whole collection. You can use -8 and be done with it once and for all (probably).
Or you use -5 or -6 to speed up the process. The size difference between 5/6 and 8 is small.

You can try it with just one album and see what the speed difference is (on your hardware) compared to the encoded filesize.