Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WMA encoding / converter (Read 4224 times) previous topic - next topic

WMA encoding / converter

The normal method to get FB2K to converto WMA required WME9 and it's command-line Visual Basic script. WME9 is outdated and doesn't work on newer versions of Windows, has anyone bothered to try creating a plugin that uses WMP API calls to do it? There's got to be something out there, or someone could throw one together.

WMA encoding / converter

Reply #1
It would be possible to write another command-line encoder. Are you sure the old VBScript encoder does not work with the latest encoder runtime?

WMA encoding / converter

Reply #2
You mean Windows Media Encoder 9, right? First and last released in 2003, never updated except to release 64-bit edition? If not what do you mean by latest encoder runtime?

Your idea for a stand-aline command-line based encoder/decode/tag utilizy would be great.

WMA encoding / converter

Reply #3
If not what do you mean by latest encoder runtime?

I suppose it's "Windows Media Format 11 Runtime" (wmfdist11.exe)

WME9 is outdated and doesn't work on newer versions of Windows

Fix for Vista users: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929182

WMA encoding / converter

Reply #4
It's not running on Windows 7 very well, it's not very easy to configure anyway. A command-line based tool would be really great, running batch scripts and adding the ability for many other applications to use it, such as have it decode to STDOUT or whatever and send the data to LAME command-line or something.

Right now I need this to convert FLAC to WMA Lossless for my portable, but I also want to be able to easily convert audio to WMA format that's not otherwise on CD.