Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: streaming media server over internet question with linkseys router wrt (Read 3743 times) previous topic - next topic

streaming media server over internet question with linkseys router wrt

I have a home workgroup network here at home.  I have a linksys router called the new wrt610n  It has network storage and I have a external hard drive as network storage.  Media server is enabled and I can stream within my home workgroup here at home.  How can I make this stream from the external to the internet without adding a turned on computer but having it work off the router like it currently does for the workgruop network?  Just dont want to leave a computer on.  I want to use the extenral like it does here for streaming but for over internet if I and only I access it.