Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My new Nero AAC GUI Frontend/PlugIn (Read 29399 times) previous topic - next topic

My new Nero AAC GUI Frontend/PlugIn

Hello!

Let me introduce my new small program - Nero AAC frontend, it's plugin for WinDAC program. Simple put AheadAACEnc.dll v0.93.072 in the directory with WinDAC and use it in the encoders list. All settings in GUI, automatic tagger.

Archive of program contain also new build of aacenc32.exe v0.78.051 (fixed some small bug).

Nero AAC frontends (181Kb)

Reply #1
Hello!

Let me introduce my new small program - Nero AAC frontend, it's plugin for WinDAC program. Simple put AheadAACEnc.dll v0.93.072 in the directory with WinDAC and use it in the encoders list. All settings in GUI, automatic tagger.

Archive of program contain also new build of aacenc32.exe v0.78.051 (fixed some small bug).

Nero AAC frontends (181Kb)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=276356"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nice! I will have to checkout this WinDAC program. I still haven't reached automated CD ==>> tagged mpeg4 utopia yet with EAC.  I'm still trying.

Reply #2
Nice! I will have to checkout this WinDAC program. I still haven't reached automated CD ==>> tagged mpeg4 utopia yet with EAC.  I'm still trying.

See my last versions (coming soon  ) of frontends (aacenc32.exe v0.79.056 AheadAACEnc.dll v0.95.077), it support output to .mp4/m4a container with TAGs...

Reply #3
Last version of my frontends released:

AheadAACEnc.dll v0.95.077
aacenc32.exe v0.79.056

Now support output to .mp4/.m4a conainer, fixed some small bug...

Reply #4
This is awesome! Thank you so very much. I haven't fooled around with it
yet. I'll let you know how it goes.

Reply #5
Hi,

I don't know if this will anybody else, but I know it would have saved me a few hours (I'm new to working out EAC configs for myself, usually just use ones that I found)

To use this w/ EAC w/ all defaults (-vbr normal, -quality high, -profile "LC") tagged:

Parameter passing scheme: user defined encoder
Use file extension: .mp4
Program path: Path\to\aacenc32.exe
Additional command line options: -artist "%a" -album "%g" -title "%t" -track "%n" -genre "%m" -year "%y" %s %d

Hope this helps someone!

Kalen
Kittens give Morbo gas.

Reply #6
Thanks Alexander.

This frontend works better than NAACenc in terms of tagging, but I still prefer NAACenc's less obtrusive encoder version text embedded in the AAC file:

NAACenc: "Nero AAC Codec 3.0.0.4"

AACenc32: "Ahead AAC Encoder v3.0. Command line frontend v0.79.060 by © LoggerSoft 2005 (logger@mts-nn.ru)"

Any chance you could condense your lengthy encoder tag down a bit, and/or put the full NERO encoder version in there?  I like to know the exact encoder version used for a specific AAC file.

Kind regards,

Han

Reply #7
This frontend works better than NAACenc in terms of tagging, but I still prefer NAACenc's less obtrusive encoder version text embedded in the AAC file...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=288321"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for intererest of my program. This problem can be fixed in new release of aacenc32.exe.

Reply #8
I use Musepack and Lame now, but I noticed your frontend added id3 tags to the raw aac file. Does it still do that? Or does it do itunes tags now?

Also, I think itunes tags are not an MPEG4 standard, it's an arbitrary standard, right?

Reply #9
Hi,

I don't know if this will anybody else, but I know it would have saved me a few hours (I'm new to working out EAC configs for myself, usually just use ones that I found)

To use this w/ EAC w/ all defaults (-vbr normal, -quality high, -profile "LC") tagged:

Additional command line options: -artist "%a" -album "%g" -title "%t" -track "%n" -genre "%m" -year "%y" %s %d

Hope this helps someone!

Kalen
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287641"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't know, what I'm doing wrong, but EAC didn't start the encoding! AACenc32 shortly flashes up and then EAC is done. 

Reply #10
Hi,

Hope this helps someone!

Kalen

I don't know, what I'm doing wrong, but EAC didn't start the encoding! AACenc32 shortly flashes up and then EAC is done. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=288469"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Make sure that you do not use the parenthesis in the command line options, and make sure that you do use the quote marks on LC. ie. "LC". Also, if you will be using these files on an iPod, change .mp4 to .m4a

Oh. and one more thing; do not use the comma's (just leave a blank space).

Your additional command line should look like this:
-vbr normal -quality high -profile "LC" -artist "%a" -album "%g" -title "%t" -track "%n" -genre "%m" -year "%y" %s %d
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Reply #11
Hi,

Hope this helps someone!

Kalen

Make sure that you do not use the parenthesis in the command line options, and make sure that you do use the quote marks on LC. ie. "LC". Also, if you will be using these files on an iPod, change .mp4 to .m4a

-vbr normal -quality high -profile "LC" -artist "%a" -album "%g" -title "%t" -track "%n" -genre "%m" -year "%y" %s %d
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=288534"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I added this command line but the same problem is still there.. There are no problems when I'm using it in cmd mode. Other encoders work properly with EAC!

Reply #12
Hi,

Hope this helps someone!

Kalen

I added this command line but the same problem is still there.. There are no problems when I'm using it in cmd mode. Other encoders work properly with EAC!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=288705"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Be sure to check the checkbox for the external programs return code.
It will spit your exact command line back at you.
Then run that exact same command line from the dos prompt.
Still isn't fixed yet? Start at the simple command line 'aacenc32 infile outfile',
gradually adding the options to eac. You'll see your mistake.
Also EAC minimizes the external compressor immediately, which fools some.

Reply #13
Hi,

Hope this helps someone!

Kalen

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=288705"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Be sure to check the checkbox for the external programs return code.
It will spit your exact command line back at you.
Then run that exact same command line from the dos prompt.
Still isn't fixed yet? Start at the simple command line 'aacenc32 infile outfile',
gradually adding the options to eac. You'll see your mistake.
Also EAC minimizes the external compressor immediately, which fools some.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=288712"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I figured out the problems:
Nero has to be installed. Only the aacenc32.dll in the encoders directory dosn't work!
None of the Tag-parameters work! Only -vbr normal -quality high -profile "LC" %s %d does the job right!!

Reply #14
Actually, all you needed besides aacenc32.dll was NeroIPP.dll
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Reply #15
<nevermind>

Reply #16
1) I have an issue with my command line parameters.  How can I get the tagging to work with EAC?

Works. 
-vbr extreme -profile "LC" -aac -lowpass 20000 %s %d

Doesn't Work.   
-vbr extreme -profile "LC" -aac -lowpass 20000 -artist "%a" -title "%t" %s %d

2) What is FIR pre-filtering & what do the settings mean to me?

3) It would be nice to have a HIGH pass filter.

Thanks!

Reply #17
How can I use this with foobar's clienc?

I'm trying to make HE AAC files

I edited one of the FAAC profiles and set it up like this:

Encoder: aacenc32.exe

File extension: MP4

Command line: -profile "HE" -vbr internet AND THE TAG INFO

It didn't work with "Highest BPS Mode Supported" set to 24, which was the default. So I set it to 16. Does anyone know what this mean?

The resulting files are 50-70 kbps (my goal) and are recognized by foobar as LC AAC not HE, but play back flawlessly and are properly tagged.

Is this correct?

Will this files play anywhere else? We all know that foobar plays everything, but are this "correct" files?

Please help me

Also, can they be ReplayGained?
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Reply #18

I'm trying to make HE AAC files

I edited one of the FAAC profiles and set it up like this:

Encoder: aacenc32.exe

File extension: MP4

Command line: -profile "HE" -vbr internet AND THE TAG INFO

It didn't work with "Highest BPS Mode Supported" set to 24, which was the default. So I set it to 16. Does anyone know what this mean?

The resulting files are 50-70 kbps (my goal) and are recognized by foobar as LC AAC not HE, but play back flawlessly and are properly tagged.

Is this correct?

Will this files play anywhere else? We all know that foobar plays everything, but are this "correct" files?

Please help me

Also, can they be ReplayGained?
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Reply #19
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you have checked out Case's page lately there's a foo_naac.dll and a naac.exe that have recently popped up there, look [a href="http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/foobar2000/?C=M;O=D]here[/url] and here... Maybe they're simpler in use? foo_naac are a diskwriter on its own, naac.exe can probably be used with foo_clienc if you would prefer that...
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #20
New build of aacenc32.exe v0.79.064 (on www.rarewares.org in AAC section coming soon):

* added highpass filter;
* added TLEN field in ID3v2 tag (track playing time in ms);
* in the version string of ID3v2 EncodedBy passed real version of
    aacenc32.dll;
* added -notag key to disable any tag fields written;
* fixed some small bugs with command line splitting.

Reply #21
Just uploaded it. Have fun

Reply #22
Nice work!  A new way to convert into AAC.
(also keep on using FAAC)

Reply #23
I give up on EAC.  I can drag/drop WAVs to the screen...they encode, but never with Tag Data.  When I tried ripping from a CD, yes the encoder pops up & encodes the files, but they are not playable at all.

I used these settings in Audiograbber & they worked for the most part:

-vbr normal -profile "LC" -lowpass 20000 -highpass 20 -zs -artist "%1" -album "%2" -track "%3" -title "%4" -year "%6" -genre "%7" %s %d

You just need to specify aacenc as the external enc, designate M4A as the file extension, & uncheck Encoder is capable of using stdin/stdout as data stream.  I only have 2 issues with using aacenc with Audiograbber though.

1) When ripping from the CD, only half the tracks would encode (if I removed the tag parameters...they worked).

2) The half that did encode with the tag data never had the Genre tag filled...but the rest were there.

Thoughts?

Reply #24
pipes would be great    , anyway good work

greets
pest