Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1375719 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #2050
That's what I had been doing, though yes I would like if possible to make it easier to access/read the data not only by your scripts.
Not all the time I use Foobar, for those cases I can't read it.

I do hope as well Last.fm reverts bio change.

Reply #2051
samples updated. now playing (all variants). bugfix. when foo_playcount is not installed, the whole panel responded to single clicks telling you this but it should only do it when clicking the rating stars.

use Script update from the context menu or the full download is here.... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip

files changed:
Code: [Select]
marc2003\common6.js

Reply #2052
samples updated. now playing (all variants). bugfix. when foo_playcount is not installed, the whole panel responded to single clicks telling you this but it should only do it when clicking the rating stars.

use Script update from the context menu or the full download is here.... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip

files changed:
marc2003\common6.js

Thanks for all your posts very much!
Here is a question again:
How do I keep focus on WSH Panel when context menu is opening?

Reply #2053
i don't know what you mean? explain what's happening and what you expect to happen.

also more samples updates: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

i've removed the playback buttons on all now playing for aesthetic reasons. i figure most people will have them already as a permanent fixture somewhere else on their layout plus it can look messy depending on the CD cover.

i've also fixed the now playing with last.fm bio to use a 3rd party site to get the full bio again now that last.fm truncate theirs. that has been renamed to now playing with last.fm bio mod

files changed:
samples\now playing.txt
samples\now playing with last.fm bio mod.txt
samples\now playing with track list.txt

Reply #2054
How do I keep focus on WSH Panel when context menu is opening?

i don't know what you mean? explain what's happening and what you expect to happen.

When the context menu shows in WSH Panel, and then mouse hover any other elements, there will no reaction, because the focus is on the context menu. And I don't want to change focus to context menu, is it possible?

Reply #2055
i still don't understand. the right click behaviour is the same as any other component (try it). why the hell are you opening it if you you're not going to use it? 

Reply #2056
i still don't understand. the right click behaviour is the same as any other component (try it). why the hell are you opening it if you you're not going to use it? 

I want it open, but when it's open I also want to enable mouse hover function in WSH Panel, so that I can write a script which like toolbar (when menu is open, mouse hover other element, we can see the other element's menu).
Sorry, if you don't have answer, skip me.

Reply #2057
well it's just not possible. when you execute this bit of code....

idx = _menu.TrackPopupMenu(x, y);

nothing happens until you click something. it will wait indefinitely.

Reply #2058
well it's just not possible. when you execute this bit of code....

idx = _menu.TrackPopupMenu(x, y);

nothing happens until you click something. it will wait indefinitely.

Ok, I konw, thank you very much!

Reply #2059
how to use? and where?
function on_tooltip_custom_paint(gr) {}

Reply #2060
^i have no idea.

samples updated: simple text reader / simple tag reader. no longer wrap text when using fixed width font.

use Update script on the context menu or full download is here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

files changed:
marc2003\common6.js

Reply #2061
samples updated: changed appearance of themed toolbar buttons. also, the help button is now a popup of useful foobar2000 related web links. people might already have them bookmarked but meh.

screenshot

download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

files changed:
samples\themed toolbar buttons.txt

Reply #2062
i accidentally broke my artreader script a few days back. it may say no image when there clearly should be one.

use Update script on the context menu to fix it.

Reply #2063
just a note for users of my last.fm biography mod script (which uses another site called echonest), you may find the bio not displaying. if you look in the foobar2000 console, you should see this message explaining why.

Now Playing with Last.fm Bio: {"response": {"status": {"version": "4.2", "code": 3, "message": "api_key - You are limited to 20 accesses every minute. You might be eligible for a rate limit increase, go to http://developer.echonest.com/account/upgrade"}}}

at the moment i'm using my own api key for everybody and i have no idea how many people are using it. maybe this is just a one off freak occurrence but i guess i'll try and apply for the upgrade.

edit: i've got the upgrade to 120 calls per minute. i can't get any more than that.

Reply #2065
the whole point of me switching away from last.fm directly is because they truncate the text. my old version still works but it now displays this....

sorry, but there's no way i'm going to all the effort of mangling 2 scripts together just for that.

Reply #2066
okay, i understand

Reply #2067
i guess nobody uses my musicbrainz script (in URLs mode) because they made a breaking change on the 25th feb and i've only just discovered it. it's fixed nonetheless.

use Update script on the right click menu.

the full download zip here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

files changed:
marc2003\common6.js

for those unaware, my musicbrainz script has 2 separate features rolled into one. the first mode displays up to 100 releases with clickable links taking you to the website where it will list all the details. you can toggle the mode on the right click menu to urls and it displays clickable links to various official websites related to the artist. i've put 2 panels side by side in this screenshot.

Reply #2068
another quick fix. discogs are sending line breaks back in their response where they shouldn't be. 

now sorted. update instructions as above.

Reply #2069
added a few more favicon images to my musicbrainz script (when in links mode).

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

changed / added files:
marc2003\common6.js
marc2003\images\flickr_small.png
marc2003\images\google_plus_small.png
marc2003\images\lyrics_wikia_small.png
marc2003\images\vimeo_small.png

Reply #2070
Thanks for the fixes marc2003, I use both and I was aware of the problem with musicbrainz

Reply #2071
i would have fixed it sooner had anyone said something. because i maintain quite a few scripts now, i don't have them all active in my layout at once.

i guess i should test them more often - especially with musicbrainz because i am using their beta JSON service which i know is subject to change. lesson learned.

Reply #2072
How to update a cover panel made in WSH panel mod immediately (and automatically) when a cover is added to the file?
For now i had to update the panel by myself.
Is there any way?

Btw. i haven't made anything in wsh panel mod since a long time, but now i think its time to update my scripts.
So i have an additional question:
What is the advantage of GetAlbumArtAsync over GetAlbumArtV2?

Reply #2073
i don't think it's possible. if you put this in a script and edit the tags of a playing song, it triggers...

function on_playback_edited() {
   fb.trace("boo!");
}

but using the tagging context menu to add/remove images does not affect it. i have context menu item for users to manually refresh.

GetAlbumArtAsync used in conjunction with the on_get_album_art_done callback gets you the image and the path of the image. this is useful if you want to add mouse click/context menu options for finding/opening it. utils.GetAlbumArtV2 simply gives you an image object.

....and on that note i've actually just changed my script to use utils.GetAlbumArtV2 again because the other method causes the occasional flicker (or maybe my implementation was wrong ).

users of my artreader / cd jewel case script can use the Update script option on the right click menu to update.

Reply #2074
How to update a cover panel made in WSH panel mod immediately (and automatically) when a cover is added to the file?
For now i had to update the panel by myself.
Is there any way?

sure ... if it's in file, metadb changed, so you can trap this tag update in this callback:
function on_metadb_changed(metadb_or_metadbs, fromhook) {}

NB: // @feature "watch-metadb" is to add in PREPROCESSOR section

What is the advantage of GetAlbumArtAsync over GetAlbumArtV2?

the first one is asynchronous, it's useful when you have to load a lot of covers in a row to not block the script while reading/loading the coverfile, each load is "queued" and you trap the load over in another callback:
function on_get_album_art_done(metadb, art_id, image, image_path) {}
the art_id is the one used in the GetAlbumArtAsync args...

HTH