Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need a utility to combine Flac files (Read 21712 times) previous topic - next topic

Need a utility to combine Flac files

I have a large library of classical music ripped as Flac files - one file per movement.  I'm picking a subset of these to store on an 80GB iPod or equivalent for use in my car.  I want to produce one file per work (combine the files for each movement into one file.)  After I combine the movements into one file, I'll convert to MP3 and make some changes to the tags.

I'm looking for a Windows based utility to combine Flac files.  I'd prefer something with a GUI interface but a command line program would be somewhat useful.  It would be nice if the utility preserves the Genre, Composer, Album, Artist and Track Name tags.

I already have tools for converting to MP3 and editing tags.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Bill

Reply #1
FooBar2000 - Convert to > Single File.
OP can't edit initial post when a solution is determined  :'-(

Reply #3
foobar seems like a big app to do this smallish thing.

what if you aren't trying to merge two songs into one file, but you instead have a single song that was unfortunately split into two flacs?

i have merged two parts of mp3s b4, but not FLACs.  is there a utility to do such a thing for FLAC?

Reply #4
Audacity will let you import and save to flac via ffmpeg..Just DL the latest and make sure you install the ffmpeg installer for audacity..
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s...ting&i=join

Reply #6
I'm looking for a Windows based utility to combine Flac files.  I'd prefer something with a GUI interface but a command line program would be somewhat useful.  It would be nice if the utility preserves the Genre, Composer, Album, Artist and Track Name tags.
Bill

The only one I can think off now is foobar2000.
I use the command line tools in Linux, and there is a library called "shntools" which fits perfectly.  I can't remember whether they have the windows binary.  Using command line tools, I can batch process the work

Cheers,