Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_softplaylists (Read 244045 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_softplaylists

Reply #275
Johan...isn't it supposed to have more than 4 options?  In your original post...

Can create different Last.fm related playlists:
->loved tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours.
->recent tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours.
->top tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours over different periods.
->top tracks of an artist.
->top tracks of artists similar to an artist.
->top tracks with certain tag.
->tracks similar to a track.
Can also...
-love a track on your Last.fm account.
-save and load XSPF playlists (make playlists without hard paths). This makes it possible to easily share playlists with other peo

foo_softplaylists

Reply #277
thank you Johan

I actually found that yesterday accidently...I appreciate it.  awesome plugin!

This is a little off topic, but I really want this foobar : http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2239/so...istsexample.jpg  ( the one the user posted a few posts before )

can anyone help?  Already PM'd him....  I'd love an iTunes clone..and thats what this appears to be!

Right now I'm just using the default layout....I'd LOVE to have this...

foo_softplaylists

Reply #278
2) Love a track on Last.fm doesn't work, it produces a 'foo_softplaylists: failed to love' message everytime
Can you give more details?
Hi Johan, thanks for replying.
What kind of details do you need?

Regarding the extra menu options: before there was a way to save all your last.fm loved tracks into a playlist but cannot find that anymore.

What did cause these changes? I have tried different versions of foobar but no difference.

TIA
Peter

foo_softplaylists

Reply #279
One feature I miss from foo_scrobblecharts is the ability to select a number of tracks from a certain artist and selecting "Sort by Artist's Charts". This sorts the selected tracks without the need to create a new playlist.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #280
foo_softplaylists: successfully loved 'Airplanes Part 2 (ft. Eminem And Hayley Williams of Paramore)' by 'B.O.B.'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'B.o.B' - '' - 'Airplanes Part 2 (ft. Eminem And Hayley Williams of Paramore)'

What happened to partial matches ? Only thing different is an extra 'dot' in B.O.B. These kinds of errors happens all the time.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #281
2) Love a track on Last.fm doesn't work, it produces a 'foo_softplaylists: failed to love' message everytime
Can you give more details?
Hi Johan, thanks for replying.
What kind of details do you need?

Regarding the extra menu options: before there was a way to save all your last.fm loved tracks into a playlist but cannot find that anymore.

What did cause these changes? I have tried different versions of foobar but no difference.

TIA
Peter

Playlist generation works perfectly, but I too am completely unable to "Love" tracks.  Furthermore, if you were able to implement "Love" submissions, why not "Ban" as well?  Using 2010-08-28 version of your component with fb2k 1.1.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #282
Hello. I am modyfing my foo skin, and I want to make a "intelligent" button, who can love and unlove tracks. I think that there's no unlove or ban track function, but is it possible to make - temporarily - button who can love now playing track? I tried
Code: [Select]
$button(01,0,0,0,20,20,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/bt/love.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/bt/love_on.png','Last.fm Love '%title%' By '%artist%'',)
, but it doesn't work. Can you help me? Thanks!

foo_softplaylists

Reply #283
I am limited by the api of last.fm, but it seems they have added interfaces for unlove, ban and unban!
I still have to solve the partial matching problem.
For all the people with problems loving tracks, was this also happening in older versions? I've recently made the switch to the buildin http interface in foobar, to make proxy support possible. That could maybe have created the troubles now.
Or maybe Last.fm changed something, I thought you could love any track before, but now it seems it has to be in last.fm library.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #284
To all of you who have loved tracks in the past and are not able to do this anymore, can you provide some details so it could help Johan to solve this?
I think about:
OS
Foobar version
Maybe other plugins
version of foo_softplaylists and where you got it from

My details:
Foobar v1.1
Other plugins: audioscrobbler v1.4.7 and DarkOne v2.1 skin
Latest foo_softplaylists from this forum (startpost)

foo_softplaylists

Reply #287
To all people with problems loving tracks, make sure you enter your username and password in the Soft Playlists settings!!
If you then still have problem post the console output, the newest version shows more information why it failed.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #288
Thank you for adding those track function.
That set me free from pain .

Well,really so happy to ban

foo_softplaylists

Reply #289
Hey Johan, I really love your plugin, it is one of my favourites. I have a feature request though! I really love the new feature where retrieved playlists can be compiled by taking the highest bitrate matches or the longest matches, etc. Unfortunately merely using one or the other of these options rarely give all the best hits.

My problem is that I have multiple versions of a lot of tracks, including a) different bitrates eg. MP3 version and a FLAC version, and b) the original version, and a version that is part of a continuous mix, which is the case for a lot of electronic music.

When making a playlist of eg. my loved tracks, the behaviour which would be ideal is to first select the longest track to avoid mixed versions, and if there are two tracks of the same length, to select that which has the highest bitrate. It would also be necessary to check if there are two long versions of a track with almost the same length, for example 0-5 seconds different in length. If there were two tracks with lengths this close, it would make sense to choose the highest bitrate track, as even if it is slightly shorter, it is likely that the tracks are essentially the same, just with slight mastering differences which resulted in different lengths. This could also happen if I had a copy of a track sourced from vinyl and one sourced from CD.

I hope these ideas can help you improve the plugin! I am not sure how feasible it would be to implement them exactly as I describe but it is an idea anyway.

Thanks!

foo_softplaylists

Reply #290
That's nice you have added new features to your plugin, but I still don't know how to make button who will work as I said in my post above. The biggest problem is with those variables (artist and title), because I don't know how did you make those titles in context menu. And I'm sure, that "button function" = name in context or main menu.

Sorry for my poor English, if you don't understand sth, I'll try to explain it one more time.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #291
Great plugin Jonah!  Just one question: How can I create a button for "Last.fm Love" in the Default UI ?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #292
right click any existing "Buttons" toolbar>customise buttons. then in the right hand pane, expand [context]>last.fm, choose which action you want and then click "add".

edit: i forgot to say thanks Johan for the updates.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #296
Thanks for the new version, partial title matching works great! I've added Soft Playlists to flattr.

I would still like to see a "Sort by Artist's Charts" option like foo_scrobblecharts. The best thing about this feature was that it didn't require the songs to be resident in the media library, the songs I wanted to sort could be on my foo_dop iPod playlist.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #298
Great plugin makes foobar2000 better!

But for the lazy people like me, could you extend the love (unlove, ban, etc) track submission to support "multiple" tracks?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #299
Dear JohanDeBock and knowledgeable users,

I have downloaded your foo_softplaylists plugin and installed it, but I can't get it to work.
When using the concole feature I only get a long list of unmatched items like the following:
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Toumani Diabaté' - '' - 'Jarabi'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Ghetto Blaster' - '' - 'Na waya'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Juan Luis Guerra' - '' - 'Medicine For My Soul'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Awa-Klash' - '' - 'Akoba'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Eneida Marta' - '' - 'Na Bu Mons'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Toumani Diabaté's Symmetric Orchestra' - '' - 'Single'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Manu Dibango' - '' - 'Pata Pata'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Dulce Neves' - '' - 'N'Tchanha'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'King Sunny Ade' - '' - 'Ja Funmi'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Djeli Moussa Diawara' - '' - 'Dakan'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Los Melódicos' - '' - 'Ay Amor'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Issa Bagayogo' - '' - 'Diarabi'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Groove Collective' - '' - 'Crisis'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Chichi Peralta' - '' - 'Procura'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Rokia Traoré' - '' - 'Bowmboï'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Habib Koité & Bamada' - '' - 'Kanawa'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Ali Farka Touré' - '' - 'Allah Uya'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Moussa Diallo' - '' - 'Maninda'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Orchestra Baobab' - '' - 'Utru Horas'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Ali Farka Touré and Ry Cooder' - '' - 'Lasidan'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Koffi Olomidé' - '' - 'SOS'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Sekouba Bambino' - '' - 'Damenséna'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Tshala Muana' - '' - 'Kalume'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Issa Bagayogo' - '' - 'Diama Don'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Orchestra Baobab' - '' - 'Hommage A Tonton Ferrer'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Kékélé' - '' - 'Mandoyi'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Ramatou Diakite' - '' - 'Gembi'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Pape Fall' - '' - 'Kanoute'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Baba Ani & Egypt 80' - '' - 'Se Re Re'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Oumou Sangare' - '' - 'Ah Ndiya'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Baaba Maal' - '' - 'Sama Duniya'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Khadja Nin' - '' - 'Que Pasa En El Mundo'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Kélétigui Diabaté' - '' - 'Koulandian'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Habib Koité' - '' - 'Wassiye'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Koffi Olomide' - '' - 'G.B. Gros Bébé'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Oneness of Juju' - '' - 'African Rhythms / Oneness Of Juju'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Maria de Barros' - '' - 'Sol Di Manha'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Maryam Mursal' - '' - 'Kufilaw (Take care)'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Baaba Maal & Mansour Seck' - '' - 'Djam Leelii'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Oscar Sulley & the Uhuru Dance Band' - '' - 'Bukom Mashie'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Guillermo Portabales' - '' - 'Nostalgia Guajira'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Ayub Ogada' - '' - 'Chiro'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Orchestra Baobab' - '' - 'Ray M'Bele'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Oumou Sangare' - '' - 'Diya Gneba'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Jorge Ben' - '' - 'Ponta De Lanca Africano'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'The Daktaris' - '' - 'Upsidown'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Momo Wandel Soumah' - '' - 'Bassa'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Keziah Jones' - '' - 'Kpafuca'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Lekan Babalola' - '' - 'Oya'
foo_softplaylists: unmatched: 'Tom Diakite' - '' - 'Fala'

I'm not sure what unmatched means in this context, but I realise the connection is fine (it gives all those names), but I don't know how to go on and on the forum I didn't find anything which could help me.
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong or do I need an API key?
So if anybody could give me some information in particular the meaning of 'unmatched'? Should I install the foobarscrobbler?
I know a lot of questions but I sure like this nice plugin  to work.
Bodosan