Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559524 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7825
Thanks, the problem was reproduced. The problem is that those tracks are being reported as added to the media library multiple times. This will be handled differently by different library viewers and won't cause duplication in all. Be patient while it is investigated on foobar2000's side.

The current releases of Columns UI and Album list panel also aren't optimised for foobar2000 2.0; the next releases will have better performance in foobar2000 2.0 more generally.

Reply #7826
Thanks, the problem was reproduced. The problem is that those tracks are being reported as added to the media library multiple times. This will be handled differently by different library viewers and won't cause duplication in all. Be patient while it is investigated on foobar2000's side.

The current releases of Columns UI and Album list panel also aren't optimised for foobar2000 2.0; the next releases will have better performance in foobar2000 2.0 more generally.

I thank you very much of your clarifying response.

I stay very quiet knowing that you are in the process of solving the problem.

Until it is solved, I am opening foobar with the external hard drive on and with the option "Rescan on startup" disabled so that it does not have 50 minutes waiting by monitoring the hard drive.

Reply #7827

My music library is entirely mp3 files.  I want to change the default title format script for the status bar to display the stereo mode of the playing file by adding 'mp3_stereo_mode'.  The script below worked in Columns_UI v0.5.1, but not in the current 2.0.0 alpha1.

$if(%ispaused%,Paused,Playing) | %codec% | %bitrate% kbps | %samplerate% Hz | $caps($if2($info(mp3_stereo_mode),%channels%)) | %playback_time%[ / %length%]

How do I get this to work again in the latest Columns_UI?  Thanks.

Reply #7829
Thanks.  It does work.  I forgot to check the 'Show status bar' box.

Reply #7830
Very idiotic question. I'm installing the latest version of foobar and want to use Columns UI in Windows 11. In the past, all the components were DLL files -- including past versions of Columns -- but when I try to put the new component in, it's another file type that doesn't work*. I've looked all over for a solution.

* Under "type" it says "foobar2000 Component" instead of "Application extension" like the rest.

I haven't seriously altered my foobar2000 configuration in about 15 years but with my new computer my copy won't work anymore. I've done forum searches but I can't rule out that this has been asked.

Reply #7831
Give the file a .zip extension right after the .fb2k-component and see if it finds/installs it then.  Be sure you have the correct version of the file for the new version of Foobar.

Reply #7832
Give the file a .zip extension right after the .fb2k-component and see if it finds/installs it then.  Be sure you have the correct version of the file for the new version of Foobar.

That (giving a ZIP extension) did it! Replaced foo_playlist_tree with the newer Playlist Tree Mod, downloaded Azrael and Columns, and I've got my old setup back, and that finishes the computer.

Thank you very much.

Reply #7833
Very happy to hear MusicMusic works on optimization for fb2kv2.

Reply #7834
I know this is probably a little off-topic, but any plans to update the album list panel to 64bit support, I am using the latest git build of Columns UI, but I really miss an album list panel.

Thanks in advance and sorry about the little off-topic question.

Reply #7836
OMG that is awesome, thank you very much!!! I wasn't aware/totally missed to check actions with the automated builds.

That is awesome news indeed!!! =O)

Reply #7837
Thank you for the x64 version that I'm setting up now. This is really appreciated!
Is there a way to have the background a solid black instead of the Windows system dark grey?

Reply #7838
Adding a "Tab stack" causes the foobar2000 to crash.
I sent a crash report.

foobar2000 v2.0 beta 10 [x64]
Columns UI v2.0.0-alpha.2

Reply #7839
Thank you for the x64 version that I'm setting up now. This is really appreciated!
No problem :)

Is there a way to have the background a solid black instead of the Windows system dark grey?
The playlist view etc. background colour can be configured in preferences in the normal way. But if you mean the toolbars etc. background colour, that is not configurable.

Adding a "Tab stack" causes the foobar2000 to crash.
Thanks, reproduced – will be fixed soon.

Reply #7840
Hi :)
Takes a long time to start.
very heavy.

Columns UI v2.0.0-alpha.2 or v2.0.0-alpha.3
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #7841
Hi,

Please give more details including:

- version of foobar2000
- 32-bit or 64-bit
- size of media library
- whether any third-party panels in use

I'd suggest starting from a new portable installation and then working out what causes the slow start-up as you configure it.

Reply #7842
No problem :)

The playlist view etc. background colour can be configured in preferences in the normal way. But if you mean the toolbars etc. background colour, that is not configurable.

I adjusted the monitor that shows Foobar to have a truer black level and it looks great. Thanks again!

Reply #7843
Hi,

Please give more details including:

- version of foobar2000
- 32-bit or 64-bit
- size of media library
- whether any third-party panels in use

I'd suggest starting from a new portable installation and then working out what causes the slow start-up as you configure it.

Sorry musicmusic.

foobar2000 v2.0 beta 10 64-bit
Media Library: 102,633 items
and The image display of Playlist View is also slow.

v2.0 beta 32 bit and Default UI are no problem.

DellVostro3500
i3-1115G4 3.00 GHz
24.0 GB
Windows 11 22H2

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #7844
When you switch to another Playlist View (JSP3/JS Playlist), it will start up immediately and be ready to play.

Reply #7845
I'm sorry many times. :-\
Apparently "Filter" seems to be the cause.
No problem if you don't show it

https://i.imgur.com/khbl9wf.png

Reply #7846
Thanks, I can see the problem. A full refresh of the panel should be fast (e.g. switching layout presets), but at start-up it does a lot of unnecessary scroll bar updates while the media library is loading, which is very slow it seems. It will be fixed for the next version.

Reply #7847
Many thanks.

Reply #7848
Blinks when switching between tabs.

foobar2000 v2.0 beta 11
Columns UI 2.0.0-alpha.3
Album list 1.0.0-beta.2

Reply #7849
I can only see the Playlists tab flashing there – is it the built-in playlist switcher or a different panel?