Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs (Read 131580 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Reply #325
Beta 17 out.

Rating 0.5 issue = fixed: importing old database now produces correct results, first of beta 17 fixes badly imported values.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #326
Very possible, but "their bug" is not present if using Foobar2000 1.6.

Hence something must have changed in Foobar2000 2.0 that specifically results in this "Hitting enter with multi selection = bad behavior, my shell extension is invoked multiple times with single files".
I rewrote the whole shell extension in v2.0, so the shell now talks to foobar2000 using a different protocol: IExecuteCommand instead of IContextMenu. This has many advantages, most importantly avoids unnecessary loading of our code into Explorer.exe and every other app invoking these shell ops.

Mitigation on my side is possible, at cost of degraded performance (wait for more files before taking action).

I already use such workaround when adding files from command-line: foobar2000.exe <path-to-file>. The whole point of implementing the shell extension is being able to reliably send multiple files without hacks or delays.

While Directory Opus is awesome technology, this really looks like their bug. By convention, pressing enter or doubleclicking should perform the same action as the bold command in the context menu, no? Here it clearly does something different.

Thanks, I passed your answer to the Directory Opus developers.

I guess for now (for me) the options are what they are.
Stop using Directory Opus or back to foobar2000 1.6.

Re: RATING empty in column

Reply #327
When I add a "RATING" tag to a mp3, it not show in "Rating" column of DUI, also if I rescan media library.
It show only old "RATING".
Solved in 2.0 beta 16.

Reply #328
Time to add to the list. Found these using beta 3, 64-bit. Will update as I find more.

[...]

Didn't realize we couldn't edit posts. Beta 17 still has at least the following problems:

• Date Added playback statistic is not imported from 1.6 for a majority of files - 1.6 installation has foo_playcount and every track has an associated added date yet less than 10% of tracks had their date added successfully copied. This breaks autoplaylists that rely on %added%. Entire library (except for that 10%) is considered "added" on the first launch of 2.0
    • 1.6.13 on the left, 2.0 beta 17 on the right. Note the missing Last Played and Playcount column values, as well as incorrect Date Added values. Seems to mostly affect older files so what's shown in the screenshot isn't a representative sample of missing data, percentage-wise.
  • Edit menu sometimes shows nothing - to reproduce, select a track in a playlist, click Edit in the main menu, press escape, then click Edit again
  • The cancel changes modal that appears seems to have the wrong colors, as if it's disabled (and an older, Vista-style icon?)

Additional things I've noticed:

Reply #330
Hi folks,

Beta 17 32 bit here on Win11 Pro, with the new VST component,  Resampler-V, UPNP, Playlist Attributes and ProjectM vizualizer.

I output to Virtual Audio Cable, and I've discovered that using Default output to the virtual line in is fine, no under or overruns and clear audio, but if I use the Default (Exclusive) I get on the order of about 150 underruns per second and the output is badly distorted. Event mode on or off does not make a difference, though having event mode on in earlier versions (separate WASAPI component) had the same effect. Maybe event mode is hardwired into exclusive Default and it doesn't follow the flag in advanced settings.

<<Update - Found the issue>>
OK, this is probably just a bit of poor UI, you need to check the "Exclusive Output Overrides" checkbox for the "Use event" checkbox to function - clearing this and checking override sorts out the underruns. On uncheck of "Exclusive Output Overrides" the child UI should gray out.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work, loving this new version!

Reply #332
When open a .fpl then close and open (restart the program), the playlist previously created by opening .fpl is gone, so i have to open again the fpl.

My bad day.

Reply #333
Upgrading to Beta 17 from 1.6.11 did not import any of my playback statistics. My Library paths were automatically set, but none of my playcount data was transferred over, it had to discover all the files again, and everything has a date added date of today. Not sure what could have gone wrong, but it's pretty bad and I don't know how to fix it.

Reply #334
According to my test it's not possible to play first a DSD128 track and after that a PCM 96 kHz track with Beta 17-64bit, because the playing stops at the beginning of the second track.

However it works perfectly with Beta 17-32bit

Reply #335
Peter
Seems files from zip/7z/rar archives fixed in Album List in "by folder structure" view in beta 16.
But not for file types registered in zxtune plugin.
Seems I fugured out how to fix this.
After renaming directory with this archives and then renaming back, zxtune-supported files appeared in Album List view.
Rescan folder in library did not work.
Seems some bug with db info from previous version of foobar2000 (was upgraded from 1.6).

Reply #336
When on Linux / wine some components miss foobar color scheme and are using system default.
See attached: "Selection Properties" and "Playlist Manager" properly use Blue color scheme whereas "Console" and "Album List" are not properly painted. The "Album List" seems to have texts properly colored, only the background unused by text remains white.
Same behavior in both 32- and 64-bit versions.
The bug is present in all betas (15 is the last tested).
Version 17 fixes proper "Console" coloring, both in 32- and 64-bit versions.
The "Album List" UI Element waiting to be fixed.

Reply #337
Found another problem for myself because of the "path bound playback statistics".

Due to my car USB's only-mp3-playable limitation, I keep all my songs in both 2 formats: one Apple Lossless and one MP3 format (MP3 files were kept on another harddisk, converted from the lossless files, so as to have the same tag info).

Before, I listened to and rated lossless songs on PC. Then from time to time I draged my whole MP3 format songs into foobar2000, they would show the same rating-stars which lossless songs had, so that I could easily use foobar2000's build-in File Operation-Copy To... function to copy the 5 star MP3 files to my USB disk for my car.

Now I can't do the same workflow, pity.

Reply #338
I've rescanned library, it now includes, as expected, a track with:
%added%: 2022-12-03 17:25:51

But a search "%added% DURING LAST 1 DAYS" does not find it.

Why is this?

Recent fb2k v2 beta, components up to date, 32 bit version. It's a portable instance operating on relative library paths, if that is important.

Reply #339
%added%: 2022-12-03 17:25:51

But a search "%added% DURING LAST 1 DAYS" does not find it.

Today is the 21st. The 3rd was 18 days ago. 18 is more than 1. That's the reason it's not returned in the search results.

Reply #340
Beta 18 out.

foo_playcount is usable again, internal playback statistics feature has been dropped.
First run of new foo_playcount imports old v2.0 beta database back to its own.

Also, I have rewritten playlist & library search cache/indexing.
IF you can find a case where the new search is still slower than foobar2000 v1.x series, please let me know.

Reply #341
Beta 18 out.

foo_playcount is usable again, internal playback statistics feature has been dropped.
First run of new foo_playcount imports old v2.0 beta database back to its own.

Also, I have rewritten playlist & library search cache/indexing.
IF you can find a case where the new search is still slower than foobar2000 v1.x series, please let me know.

Portable install crashes as soon as it starts. I removed all user-components from my profile and it keeps crashing.  Crash report was sent.

Reply #342
By my 18 simply hangs during start.
After removing the Library and Playlist folder under the profile (it could start)
And the library works when restarting.

But when i add a playlist it again hangs during start.
Removing the playlist folder makes it start again.

Reply #343
After Beta 18, the rating column in the playlists is empty. I went back to Beta 17, everything is OK.

Reply #344
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Version_2.0_Beta_Change_Log#Beta_18

Removed internal playback statistics, made Playback Statistics component (foo_playcount) operational again. First run of new foo_playcount imports foobar2000 v2.0 beta database back.

Obviously an updated version of foo_playcount with 32bit/64bit support has been released at the same time...

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_playcount

Reply #345
Thank you, that worked.

Reply #346
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Version_2.0_Beta_Change_Log#Beta_18

Removed internal playback statistics, made Playback Statistics component (foo_playcount) operational again. First run of new foo_playcount imports foobar2000 v2.0 beta database back.

Obviously an updated version of foo_playcount with 32bit/64bit support has been released at the same time...

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_playcount

This wiki page should be updated, I think. https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/Playback_Statistics_v3.x_(foo_playcount)

Screenshot attached.

Reply #347
Crash regression fixed in beta 19, thanks for the sent reports.

Reply #348
beta 19 did not import my playlist statistics for most of my library. I was able to recover 95% from a back up. Wishing I would have backed up the stats before installing the update.

Reply #349
beta 19 does not start. in the 18th beta, a problem appeared, stopped running, while the database in the root folder with the discography and ratings disappeared. I installed cheat 19 and moved the profile folder, but it does not start