Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs (Read 131551 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Reply #276
I don't do that as long as they play fine - since the files are kinda not-totally-well, I would rather not touch them if they behave nice and gapless.
Of course some that display lengths that are way off ... too tempting not to fix.

Reply #277
This fairly simple query (I created a Filter) doesn't seem to work in v2 but does work in v1.

(NOT %genre% HAS Compilation) AND (album artist HAS Various)

Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

[Also, I don't understand whether I should be writing %genre% or genre, and %album artist% or album artist? (but, as I say, this works as it is in v1. I'd just like to know for future reference please. I couldn't work it out by reading this page: https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Query_syntax)]

[Also, there doesn't seem to be any mention of %play_count% on this page: https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference. It's used in the built-in Filters like %play_count% MISSING. Is that just because it's still in beta?]

Reply #278
TAK md5 sum not shown; a query for %__md5sum% MISSING returns all TAK files.
It was like that in 1.6 as well, but 2.0 is supposed to support TAK out-of-the-box, so now it isn't a component issue.

takc -fi gives information comparable to WavPack codec profile and version. Like this:
Code: [Select]
  Encoder:                 V 2.3.2, -p4m
  Codec:                   4 Integer 24 bit MC (TAK 2.2)
  Wave file meta data:     Not available
  MD5:                     2204d09a890b8211f0d1329adc1daa8a

... so maybe a suggestion or two:
* What is, say <WAVPACK_VERSION> = 5, make it <FORMAT_VERSION> = WavPack 5. What for .ape is <VERSION> (say 3.99), make it <FORMAT_VERSION> too. Report <FORMAT_VERSION> TAK 2.2 or something for the above.
(I don't know if the <FLAGS> in .ape is used for anything?! Could it be other than 0?)
* %__md5% be remapped to look for MD5 and if "missing", DSD audio MD5.
It does already returns Monkey's checksum on encode, which is something else - so then maybe even consider to include audiomd5 tags as written by the foo_audiomd5 external component, since they are computed either the same way as the ape or on the PCM.
* Oh, and WavPack hybrid should be reported as hybrid lossless or hybrid lossy, and transcoding warnings be fixed.

Reply #279
This fairly simple query (I created a Filter) doesn't seem to work in v2 but does work in v1.

(NOT %genre% HAS Compilation) AND (album artist HAS Various)

Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

[Also, I don't understand whether I should be writing %genre% or genre, and %album artist% or album artist? (but, as I say, this works as it is in v1. I'd just like to know for future reference please. I couldn't work it out by reading this page: https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Query_syntax)]

[Also, there doesn't seem to be any mention of %play_count% on this page: https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference. It's used in the built-in Filters like %play_count% MISSING. Is that just because it's still in beta?]

Same for me. It seems to be the first part of the string i.e. 'NOT %genre% HAS Compilation' that's causing the issue. It seems to be the NOT that's failing - '%genre% HAS Compilation' works.
Interestingly substituting IS for HAS doesn't cause the same problem, so 'NOT %genre% IS Compilation' works.
It's a different query of course, but is seems to be the combination of NOT and HAS. Works as expected in v 1.6.13

Reply #280
Must be a bug.
Returns nothing: album MISSING AND NOT album HAS e
Returns nothing: %album% MISSING AND NOT album HAS e
Works as should: album MISSING AND NOT %album% HAS e
Works as should: %album% MISSING AND NOT %album% HAS e

Reply #281
foobar2000 2.0 beta 13 installer (but the older versions had the same problem)

- The suggested installation location defaults to "Desktop" but when you start to browse for another location it somehow remembers the previous location of the portable installation and shows that.

Suggested fix: if there is a previous portable installation, default to that location.

Reply #282
foobar2000 2.0 beta 13:

- The GDI rendering of the standard Spectrum Analyzer visualization component is plain awful on Windows 11: A lot of stuttering

Beta 12 performed very smoothly.

Reply #285
I know. I changed the setting. I'm just reporting the observed behavior.

Reply #286
I know. I changed the setting. I'm just reporting the observed behavior.

Why did you mention Beta12 performing very smoothly when gdi rendering wasn't available. It was hardware accelerated with no choice. You're not making any sense.

Reply #287
Still unable to access my network shares with Beta 13.

2.0 Beta 12 fails to read my windows network share where my media library resides. The error text is "Unable to open item for playback (I/O error (win32 #24)):". Neither mounted drive nor UNC path works.
It has always worked fine with 1.x versions.

Reply #288
Good news in the linux-wine front.

High CPU usage with visualizations is gone.

Upgrading 1.16 installation with v2.13 without missing files or crashes.

Thanks devs

Reply #289
Alright , I know I've brought it up before also but I would like to add something , "⁄" & "∕" , are the current replacement for the solidus foobar2000 , which looks absolute dogwater imho on all mainstream operating systems out of the box , I would like to present two suggestions "⧸" (Big Solidus) and  "/" (Full-width Solidus) , full width solidus looks amazing on all apple devices but looks not so amazing on windows and the big solidus is good everywhere , a replacement that could make the ":" (Colon) look a little better is ":" (Full-Width Colon) it also looks good on most devices , current replacement is "∶" . Please! implement anything except the current replacements.

Reply #290
Is remembering volume level per-device a bug or feature? If it is feature, could it be made optional?

Reply #291
Statistics such as rating is now hard linked to the file path, which means if the file is moved, the rating is loss.

Please add an option to use the old Playback Statistics (foo_playcount) behavior. While this may not be as accurate, it is good enough for me.

If not, please allow the use of the old foo_playcount component, and recompile it for 64 bit.

Thank you.
That's not true. Beside the Playback Statistics database, the data (rating etc.) can be written to file tags. This can be done automatically by store playback statistics in file tags in Preferences or manually by Write statistics to file tags in context menu. If you loose the playback statistics database, restore it with Import statistics from file tags in context menu.

I can only repeat what the other user said. It IS broken. I experienced this issue with music in a zip archive in beta12. In an old playlist with the old path the statistics were there, but in a new playlist with the new zip path, they were missing. Upgrading to latest beta13 still shows the same error. It also happens with normal files. I'm actually surprised I haven't noticed it before. The "View Report" function in the Playback Statistics settings page also tracks them per-path.

Other problems that exist since at least beta8: File path search is broken in Media Library Search and Playlist Search.

Not to diminish the work of the developers, but if I would have known that this "beta" is still so unpolished and doesn't receive fixes for reported bugs for months, I would have not switched. Even with the enticing dark mode..

I guess there is no way for me to go back to the old version without having to redo all my config changes and statistics changes that happened in the meantime, right? Writing statistics to file tags is not a realistic option..

Reply #292
Does anyone know if WASAPI will be returning for x64?

Reply #293
Does anyone know if WASAPI will be returning for x64?
The "Default" output device for v2 x64 IS Wasapi, man.  You can choose "Default...[exclusive]" or just "Default.." which is shared.

Reply #294
OK, it gets even better, the whole rating statistics are completely broken. There are "hidden" x.5 ratings, seemingly the ones that got imported from fb2k 1.6. This was also already reported by @metal_termite . It gets even more ridiculous if you play around with this a bit. The sqlite database is very strange with apparently two places with rating saved? Once is normal, but also with these x.5 values, and another is a percentage(?!). This weirdness is also present if you export the stats to xml.

A track matching %rating% IS "1"     becomes RatingPercent="20" Rating="1"
A track matching %rating% IS "1.5"  becomes RatingPercent="30" Rating="2" (gets rounded up)

I can't trust this software anymore. There must be a very lax development process present with a seemingly unfinished software design for v2.0 and numerous undocumented, but conscious, changes. It's grossly irresponsible to release this as "beta"-quality software.

Reply #295
Not to diminish the work of the developers, but if I would have known that this "beta" is still so unpolished and doesn't receive fixes for reported bugs for months, I would have not switched. Even with the enticing dark mode..

I guess there is no way for me to go back to the old version without having to redo all my config changes and statistics changes that happened in the meantime, right? Writing statistics to file tags is not a realistic option.

I can't trust this software anymore. There must be a very lax development process present with a seemingly unfinished software design for v2.0 and numerous undocumented, but conscious, changes. It's grossly irresponsible to release this as "beta"-quality software.

It's beta software.  Exercise some common sense here.  It's for testing purposes, not for regular everyday use.  I'm still using 1.6.14 at the moment as that's the last stable version of the software for regular everyday use.  Only using 2.0 for testing and finding bugs at the moment because it's in beta.  Software can be in beta for months, it's a lot more common than you think it is.

RATING empty in column

Reply #296
When I add a "RATING" tag to a mp3, it not show in "Rating" column of DUI, also if I rescan media library.
It show only old "RATING".

Reply #297
2.0 Beta 12 fails to read my windows network share where my media library resides. The error text is "Unable to open item for playback (I/O error (win32 #24)):". Neither mounted drive nor UNC path works.
It has always worked fine with 1.x versions.
What Windows version and what kind of network shares (hosted on what machine)?
Which version of foobar2000, 32-bit or 64-bit? Does the other version work?
Error 24 is ERROR_BAD_LENGTH, sounds like a bug in my code, but can't quite figure out what it is and it doesn't seem to happen for anyone else.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #298
In Beta 14 this query is not working anymore: %path% HAS music\singles SORT BY %added% DESCENDING
it seems that if the path value has a slash and there is a space after the value the query is not returning any result
it was working fine till b13

Reply #299
Search index now includes paths by default. Unfortunately this seems to have introduced some quirks. You can turn it off: Advanced Preferences / Tools / Search / Index file paths. This will make %path% behave exactly as before.
Will investigate for next beta.

Edit: This is a valid bug affecting other queries not just path, thanks for reporting. Will be fixed soon.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.